Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sat nav only very occasionally shows me the speed limits. Am I missing something here, or is this how the Medianav normally works.
I am so used to my old Tom Tom in the Megan, which displayed the speed limit practically all of the time. You come to depend upon it when driving in unfamiliar areas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
awq,Mine is the same, it seems to have a mind of its own . On one particular stretch of road local to me the limit only occasionally flashes up, so i guess it is something to do with the signal strength.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Medianav does not have extrnal links. All data like POI addresses, spedlimits, road types is pre-programmed as data. Only link of medianav satnav is the time. This is taken from signal received from half a dozen satellites. This signal is only a timestamp. It does not contain any details of road or even location. The satnav derives location from the difference in time of one satellite and another.Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the 30th October 2015 I paid £57 for the Q2 2015 map update for my Media Nav and installed it all ok.
I then noticed that I had lost all speed limit displays except for Motorways. After an exchange of emails with the help desk and various investigations by them the final result seems to be <strong abp="1168">"the notifications for the speed limits had been disabled for lower level roads".
[/B]Has anyone else completed this update but retained the speed limit displays for 'lower level roads? I should add of course that it was working before the update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts