Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you MediaNav fans out there,There is a new update of the MediaNav software. This is NOT a map update, but affects the MediaNav operating system. It is labelled 4.0.3 and is dated 23rd April 2014. It is available from the MediaNav toolbox.

Go to the car with a newly formatted memory stick (of 4GB or above) and get the MediaNav fingerprint. Take this to the PC, and if you don't have 4.0.3 already it will download it to the memory stick (without cost).

You can then take this to the car and START THE ENGINE. Run MediaNav and insert the memory stick. The Medianav Tablet will update without you doing anything. The update takes many minutes. Certainly longer than five minutes, but you will see the comfort meter dots SLOWLY filling the line of empty slots.

Then the update process should be complete. I think.

For reasons I say "I think" see another thread.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The update splashed across the MediaNav toolbox, so I thought it was an important update. I have so far been unable to find out why the update was necessary.On aGerman captur forum someone says they cannot detect any changes. ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive seen a hint that it may be a block on the menavrus software.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok, having been a bit concerned about bricking the unit as mentioned in other post, decided to upgrade to 4.0.3 to see if it has helped or even better fixed the bluetooth music streaming issues of hiccups etc.Well the update went ok, although it appear to want to do it twice with 3 restarts etc.
(Remembering to have the car engine running whilst I did it.)

The bluetooth issue does appear to be better.... but it is still there occasionally, so for that worth doing I suppose.
Also do I remember the large clock being displayed on the unit when you turn it off and engine running... not sure if this was there before or not? (never turned the unit off whilst I was in the car)

so... make your own mind up... if you are happy then leave alone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have downloaded the 4.0.3 but havnt put it in the car yet (awaiting more reviews) The large clock is present on my screen when the unit is off.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thewhiteball said:
... The large clock is present on my screen when the unit is off...
This is quite normal. MediaNav capturs do not have access to any other time displays.

·
Registered
409 Posts
During use my medianav has a small clock top right hand corner.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Large clock when first switched on
Small clock in the right hand top corner when on

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
203 Posts
To update or not update..that is the question... think I will wait a while to see if their's any more words of wisdom on the subject...Does anyone know of any new map updates?? My 90 days is up in 8 days for the free update..
meterman_56

·
Registered
27 Posts
just had mine done at dealership because my medianav froze totally twice despite the local dealer resetting it tool it renault manchester they updated it to this years software in 15 minutes i was informed there was a map update as well as a speed camera update..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure if my car has the new software...been using medianav bit not properly had a gd look at it. Does it state in the manual where to download the updates etc?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having updated to 4.0.3 yesterday, by following exactly what's written in other great posts on here and on the Renault MediaNav toolbox, it worked first time for me. It's not great if you don't have some patience with PC's etc Renault could have made this a lot easier if they intended customers doing their own updates. Should be very quick and easy via an Official Dealer if PC's are not your thing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Crossbow.
Thank you for the info, I loaded it today via Navitoolbox and installed in car, however after it installed, the system rebooted and came to the Logo screen and there it got stuck, even when I switch off the ignition, the screen remains on, hope you can assist,

Best regards
Chris

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is exactly what happened to mine.I advise you to remove the fuse protecting the satnav. This will stop power getting to it and limit battery drain. The next thing is to call your dealer, and fix a date for repair or replacement.

Mine is now working, but it needed a replacement unit before things returned to normal. The replacement unit took three weeks to arrive. My medianav is now at 4.0.3 with updated maps. All seems ok.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks crossbow, I took the positive lead off the battery last night hoping this will work, connected this morning, still frozen, which is the fuse?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DusterSA said:
thanks crossbow, I took the positive lead off the battery last night hoping this will work, connected this morning, still frozen, which is the fuse?
The dealer recommended taking the power off the unit for at least an hour, when I had the same trouble. But in my case that did not work either. They tried it themselves with no effect

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the fuse is in the glovebox. I think it is marked radio, which makes sense.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts