Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under Faults and problems, thought it may be useful to create a topic thread which clearly captures what audio formats are currently supported by the MediaNav (Windows CE 6.0?) when plugging a usb memory stick directly into device. (Note: NOT R-Link product which allegedly already supports additional audio formats)

Although I currently connect my ipod via USB cable to get best overall control of audio files via the MedaiNav system, I do recognise the benefits in a slicker install with a small USB memory stick.

Therefore I commenced a basic test to gain a better understanding of what files types are supported and level of control and presentation of files we include on usb memory stick.

With MediaNav Software version 4.0.2 the following are known to be supported from my initial very limited testing.

<ul>[*]Audio formats:-<ul>[*]Lossy compression: mp3 and wma[*]Lossless compression: wma lossless[/list][*]Playlists:<ul>[*]m3u[/list][*]AlbumArt:<ul>[*]jpeg (but only when correctly embedded within mp3 files?)[/list][/list]I imagine my list of supported file types above maybe incomplete or incorrect, please post additional information that you have which is relevant when specifically using a usb memory stick connected to MediaNav.

It would be great if Renault could provide improvements to audio playback support via a
future software update to MediaNav unit, where they also consider including improved usb memory search features....

Edited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm happy to use mp3 files which are as good as my cds which were previously played on Megane Arkamys system - after all you are out on the road not in a recording studio! Sorry! Also I have my files in albums in folders which can be played on their own or mixed with the others on the drive if that's what you want!Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick comparison of Ipod vs usb memory stick list options of music on device. (Note: MediaNav)

Ipod player view and available list structure/options :-

USB view and available list structure/options :-

Base on a very simple folder structure of playlists at the root of memory stick then a few folders for each artist. (note how everything is in alphabetical order, I had hoped playlists would be grouped separately from artist/album)

I am interested how others have their music organised on a usb stick to have well organised structure when in MediaNav list view?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tyrfelin said:
I like mine organised the same on each gadget in the
same way - suits me this way as my phone S3 is set up the same!
Please elaborate on folder/file format on your usb memory and how its subsequently presented on the MediaNav? I am genuinely interested, please confirm you have a MediaNav and Not R-Link because as we know they have very different OS installed etc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tonysawford said:
I'd also be interested to know what's supported by R-Link, specifically is there a maximum bit rate for MP3 files?
Tony, Imagine any sized bitrate of mp3 will work, I typically use 320Kb CBR when converting my CD's to mp3's

I imagine on R-Link because its got more audio format support you can have different types of lossless formats as well if you wish here is another thread from bjs53 explaining R-Link Audio/Video format support. http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/rlink-technical-data-sheet_topic326.html
(Note not sure about latest accuracy of information, hopefully someone will confirm)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks very much, Mike - I hadn't spotted that post before. I too rip CDs at 320 CBR, so it looks like there'll be no problem with that.

Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day,
I am a proud new owner of the capture.
Car is great , however looking at the media side of things I am a bit stumped.
Now I love the USB idea and got me a Nano USB to insure its all nice and tidy. my only problem I have is that when I plugged theUSB into the dash it started playing a song. tried to skip and then I see song info but nothing. got to switch off and back on again to get it to start playing. any one have any solution to this?

·
Super Moderator
2,447 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
I like mine organised the same on each gadget in the same way - suits me this way as my phone S3 is set up the same!
Can you get the S3 to stream audio to the MediaNav unit?

If so, that would solve my issue of how to play cassettes or minidiscs !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone help me? - I am struggling to change the display title on any songs using the USB media.

I would ideally like the Song and Artist but it says Song and Album.

I have looked everywhere but can't seem a way to change what is displayed.

Any help much appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts