Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I probably should have asked this question before I ordered my car, but can someone explain the difference between r link and medianav.. I thought you could update the satnav and do everything except connect to the internet with medianav. Did I get that wrong?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Bluejay, welcome
The medianav is the sat nav system plus music playback. And yep you can update that via sd cars.

The r link has an upgraded sound system, tom tom satnav, music and video playback, an eco display and like you said the internet connection for apps etc. It also has a different layout for the external storage (sd cards etc) Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi! So I was wondering if anyone can tell me what do with regards to my iPhone/iPod in the medianav?

Renault said my car will be here 23rd December I've ordered the 1.5 diesel in diamond black with r link. However they have said I can have a curtousy car from Monday as they are having my old car and I can register my car in January so it's registered 2014 (after sucha long wait already I thought another week won't make much difference ˜‰). Turns out the curtousy car is a captur! Yay!! But it's medianav and I'm not sure how I'll connect my iPod, will I need a USB with music on or will the medianav have a CD player?

So excited I get to finally drive a captur for a few weeks before I even get mine!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Extremely easy with iPhone/iPod I just connected with USB lead and play favourites, random etc
Use an old iPod via USB lead and have phone connected with Bluetooth ;-)

I found using Bluetooth from iPhone to be a bit of a let down for music playback but was using non compressed files at time of test for best quality

Like way contacts can be transferred very easily when connected via Bluetooth and phone is pleasure to use in car hands free

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I keep telling people to simply stick your music onto a very compact usb stick which hardly juts out from the unit. Very neat and discrete. Come on guys!!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
My son had the same issue with his galaxy note and his Dacia Stepway medianav. He had to unpair it then pair it again to get the list recognised.

·
Registered
924 Posts
When you do the re-pair, your phone will ask you for permission to download the phone book. Just answer yes to that. If you don't answer yes, you will not be able to download the phone book.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tel said:
Ok that doesn't seem too complicated then. Thanks! I will
also buy a USB as back up just in case ˜‰
An important element worth another mention is I am able to hold compressed lossless files on my ipod/iphone in
an audio format that otherwise cannot be directly accessed via a usb memory
stick on the medianav. (i.e. convert CD to Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC)

All the album art (held within each compressed audio file) appears for all my lossless files and looks very neat on medianav.

A little usb memory stick is indeed a great tidy solution for mp3 files but as soon as you want to consider a compressed
lossless format.... Another point is I don't know about others
preferences but for me manually moving files around from device to
device, memory card to memory card can become a pain in the ....
especially if you have various play-lists to the files on a particular
device.

If only :-
<ul>[*]More media formats i.e. flac files were supported directly by the
medianav, I would not need to convert my lossless collection to alac and
manually load them onto ipod.[*]Another powered usb connection was hidden away in glove compartment, would not need to have cable an ipod in sight and untidily trailing down to tray in front of gear-stick
[/list]
Edited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Understand your concerns but the Medianav is a good system - remember previous systems were cassette or cd systems. I've spent some time converting flac files and cds and adding the folders to a usb stick and added art work using freeware Creevity. The system works well and mutes for navigation! I'm impressed with my Medianav setup and it is also great to have a variation from the music I keep on my Galaxy phone. You can also stream from a phone using bluetooth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts