Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I or shouldn't I ??Get a new captur with or without sat nav
I have heard of many saying not worth it, you have to pay extra for post code option
I have a toyota and love the Sat Nav

Also anyone got any tips when bartering/ getting best deal from DEALERS ???

Finally What MPG are co owners getting from
ENERGY Tce 90 S&S ongine
IS 56.5 mpg a realistic target???

Edited by: worldcup

·
Registered
209 Posts
The latest EU mpg / litres/100km figures are LABORATORY derived and far beyond anything you can expect to achieve in real life. I believe the test process was changed again a while back since which time the figures have become even more unrealistic. I think it is highly unlikely that you would ever get 56mpg. We are expecting to achieve something close to 40mpg when we eventually get ours. This isn't a Renault issue, this is industry wide.

My car is a Mazda CX5 2.2D 150bhp 2WD. The EU quoted URBAN mpg is 61 !!!!!I have now put 6700 miles on the clock and am averaging 46mpg with an all time high of 52mpg (over a tankful). Reading on the appropriate forum I am actually achieving slightly better than the average than other forum users with the same engine are experiencing.

Motoring forums in general are full of complaints about how poor real life fuel economy is compared to what the EU figures would suggest

HonestJohn.co.uk has a section entitled "Real Mpg" where people can record what they are actually achieving. It's well worth a look albeit Captur data is thin on the ground given how new the car is. Take a look and you will get a feel for just how inaccurate the official projections are. They can probably be used for COMPARATIVE purposes but for little else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I currently get 49 to 51 mpg regularly in my Toyota automaticI wouldnt want to get less than this with a 0.9 litre TCE engine
I might have to reconsider

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my new captur since November. It's a 1.5 diesel automatic. I have done 1300 miles of mixed driving with lots of town driving as I am retired. I am getting 58.1mpg. My only problem is I live in Northern Ireland and my sat nav covers the UK and Gibraltar! The south of Ireland is not covered. Is this a mistake? I was going to a wedding yesterday in the south and arrived an hour late as I assumed I could rely on my sat nav which I was shocked to discover stopped at the border. Not good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As Perusal says HonestJohn is a very good site for real life MPG, I have posted my figure on the site which is on average 52 for the diesel (short trips). I don't think you have a chance of getting over 50 with the petrol engine....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Worldcup, you'll have real trouble achieving the kind of figure you're expecting on the 0.9 unit... That's not saying it's a bad car...but if you're really looking for economy you need to look at the diesel..
I have the auto 120 unit and it's great for a variety of driving conditions...but I feel the the 0.9 can get gutsy on fuel at times...it is after all a small engine moving around a large car!! It's a good workhorse in the right hands from what I see, but the forum has seen very varied figures posted...and it's the biggest gripe on here that fuel consumption is far higher than advertised..

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bees knees I have Tom Tom in my Captur and I opted for both maps on my R link.
I realise that you may have the Media Nav unit, but I would expect a Western Euripean or Eastern European split in maps and not JUST the UK!
I can't help you more than this...it seems a ludicrous split if you don't get Southern Ireland on your unit!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi Bees Knees I have the opposite to you just bought Captur intense with Media Nav 6 mths old demo and we were headi ng from R Ireland up to Belfast and the sat nav stopped at the border did you find out if this was a mistake? did you get an update I will probably ring the garage, It has Ireland and Malta!! on the countries list

1 - 8 of 8 Posts