Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been lurking for a while...but trying to decide whether to change Megane(shakin yer ...) to a Captur....has anyone noticed a difference in size??? THANKS

I am waiting for a list of pre reg Captur....we were going for brand new Boston Blue Media nav ,as I am used to leather steering wheel etc....but I will await colours of pre reg ...My megane is black and last 3 renaults have been black...hopefully the pre reg "Duracell" black with arizona roof has not gone

·
Registered
588 Posts
i think you'll find a Captur more comfortable to drive Helart.the improved driving position is great but be warned there are a lot of blind spots on the captur when reversing so parking sensors is a good option. saying that i remember a lot of blind spots when i had my megane lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi helart, welcome to the forum. I personally can't give you an accurate answer as the meganes I have drove have been 3 doors. But agree with the comments Tony has mentioned. Go for a few test drives. I took the demo model home and tried a pushchair ect ect in the boot. Had my family meet at the dealership to see if everyone could be seated comfortably.
Not sure if all dealerships allow this but I'm sure if it helps them get the sale there should be no problems.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Have had two current shaped Meganes and one shake your ..... also - all four doors. Captur is a big improvement in space, height, economy, instrumentation, looks, etc. Had a glovebox light and footwell lights on Megane though!!!! Wouldn't go back to Megane - new updated Megane due soon.Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went from Megane Sport Tourer Dynamique 2006 to Captur Dynamique S. Very happy. We still have another 2011 Megane Tourer, but I much prefer the Captur. Nice and nippy around town and economical on longer runs.
Our dealer was great. Let us take the demo model home (20 miles) unaccompanied so we could make sure the dogs fitted.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies...have got a deal on a pre reg megane (golf bag and electric trolley will fit),
but still NOT convinced.Last night I had a look at our handbook for our 2008 Megane and the outer dimensions are very close to the Captur....I have also got a deal for a new Captur(boston Blue)..

It was during a conversation with Used car sales that he said they had just got the pre regs ...so may not have choice of colour etc...just phoned him,and he thought I was after petrol...so he is going to email me with whats available....then we can have trip to Garage ..with golf bag etc..

Should point out that I am looking at diesel as have had diesels for last 10 years(2 shakin yer,,,, Meganes)...

Also we have a static van and have frequent trips to it etc.etc. and its in North wales...we do around 9-10k miles a year..so that's why diesel seem better

·
Registered
924 Posts
I miss the cubby holes that existedunderthe Megane footwells. Also the glove box was bigger on the Megane. To compensate there is a huge under-floor storage area in the boot. Plus the rear seats slide forward. You never know when you'll need those extra few inches of space that you get by sliding the seats forward.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took a trp to dealers to have a look at pre reg...wrong info
...not diesel...but must admit I quite liked the duracell colours but was petrol..and I was offered a pre reg Black Megane diesel for £8k below its original selling price....back to drawing board

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update...Was lucky tofind a Brand new medianav dci in Boston Blue at dealers that I could have had now,but decided to wait for march 1st for 14 reg..just waiting for paperwork and PCP etc. ..Thanks to everyone on the forum,as I have read loads and viewed the gallery...but must admit I found the posts on here by Tyrfelin about diesels very useful ,as we have a static van in North Wales.
THANKS
Edited by: helart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts