Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home few days ago in bright sunshine I suddenly found in my line of vision, about 4 inch wide misty line across front windscreen. Thinking it was inside - but not understanding why it would be there in the middle of sunny day - I turned de-misting up. To my surprise, the line did not clear so I turned on the wipers and it got cleared. Within seconds the line appeared again and I had to keep turning on the wipers as it was creating visual obstruction. This kept happening throughout the journey and has now been happening every time I drive the car on a sunny, non-rainy day.
On Thursday we are visiting Renault garage....again.
Would not want mechanics to get bored with nothing to do and lose their jobs

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Try cleaning the inside and outside of the screen with gas-permeable contact-lens cleaner

·
Registered
40 Posts
I actually had this happen to me yesterday evening. Funny thing was that I didn't even have the A/C on. I had the fan on cold with about 2 dots. Not sure about anyone else, but even with the warm weather in the south the last week the air comes out pretty cold even with the a/c turned off (and no, it's not on Auto). Not sure if my Captur came with a supply of liquid nitrogen or something in the air vents, but it's quite chilly on 18c!
I had two little spot come up on the windscreen that were on the outside cleared by the wipers, the Captur must get so cold that it's cools the screen enough to drop the temperature outside!

Maybe the Captur's can end global warming!! Quick, everyone outside, wind down your windows and turn the AC on, we can save the polar bears!!!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
nowimboard said:
I actually had this happen to me yesterday evening. Funny thing was that I didn't even have the A/C on. I had the fan on cold with about 2 dots. Not sure about anyone else, but even with the warm weather in the south the last week the air comes out pretty cold even with the a/c turned off (and no, it's not on Auto). Not sure if my Captur came with a supply of liquid nitrogen or something in the air vents, but it's quite chilly on 18c!
I had two little spot come up on the windscreen that were on the outside cleared by the wipers, the Captur must get so cold that it's cools the screen enough to drop the temperature outside!

Maybe the Captur's can end global warming!! Quick, everyone outside, wind down your windows and turn the AC on, we can save the polar bears!!!!!

Heh I'm a female I like it warm
As for global warming I think it is actually global wetting with all the rain we have had lately LoL

·
Registered
924 Posts
What is likely to be happening, is that the windscreen is being cooled, and the damp evening air is condensing on the outside of the screen. If one is of the outdoorsy types, one notices condensation forming on cool objects, such as tents caravan roofs or any smooth object in the early summer's evening.The Georgians called this the falling damps. It refers to gases condensing onto an object.

Try diverting less air to the screen and more around the car footwells, or dashboard vents. Or turn down the blower.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts