Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,£???bn pounds for HS2. A farce of a project that is going to destroy 100 plus ancient woodlands,160 plus SSSI's,devastate countless people's lives by taking their homes and businesses from them. For what? If it ever gets finished who will be able to afford to use it,if and when the trains run(leaf on the line,Sun making the tracks too hot etc) permitting.
£50bn for cycle routes and public transport. There are plenty of cycle routes already,they are called roads. For the use of everyone,to be shared by all (cyclists take note,they are not exclusively for you). As for buses,of the 30+ buses that pass my house every day very few have more than four passengers aboard.
£??bn for a pie in the sky plan to build a bridge from Scotland to Northern Ireland. Why?I thought my wife was joking when she told me about it.
Anyway,all those billions of pounds being squandered while the NHS struggles through lack of funding,children go to schools that are falling down,there are homeless people and people relying on food banks to survive,a police force expected to protect us with 50,000 fewer officers than needed.
What is wrong with the people who make these decisions?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If HS2 is finished on time and within the new budget estimate (cat in ****'s chance) it will reach Manchester by 2044. Does anybody else think that by that time it will be obsolete? Railways are a 19th century solution to a 21st century problem. At best it will be a rich man's toy like Concord and will move jobs from the North to London

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2044!!!! I didn't realise it would be that long. That is ridiculous,can you imagine what the final cost is going to be?( Didn't the Australians build a 500mile railway across the desert,building numerous bridges along the way over gorges,gullies and rivers,in two years?)
So by that time the first track they layed will be knackered,the trains out of date and in private railway collections or scrapped. The rich will still jump in a private helicopter or executive jet for their journeys up North or down South because this ridiculous railway will run no better than the system we have now. Spend a fortune on a pig,give it a fancy name tart it up and at the end of the day it's still a pig.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see they are going to spend(waste) £1.2bn on a new super computer for the Met Office. Obviously the computer they spent £97m on a few years ago was not good enough.
What they really need is a cow and some bladder wrack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts