Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been advised that my Captur I ordered on the 1st February could well be delayed until an August delivery. Seems incredible - 6 months to make and deliver a car. Lost for words.

·
Super Moderator
2,730 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No real explanation other than it has gone out a couple of months. Yes it is an automatic transmission, but when they were giving the sales pitch no mention of the extreme delivery period.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This has got me worried as I have ordered an auto. My dealer said the car went into production on March 18th and would be with them in about 3 weeks. Later said I could expect deliveryto dealer on 29th April or possibly before. Waiting with baited breath now for a dreaded phone call. Been waiting since end January. If they further delay may cancel and keep my nice little Audi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was originally given a date towards the end of March, then end of May. Dealer told me today could be August. Showed no real concern, just blamed Renault.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Getting worse, rather than better! Incredible situation with such a good car! Making a good car and then not getting the logistics right is so stupid and frustrating for everyone concerned...I sympathise with you all!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lost for words to describe Renault.
Tell a lie, SHAMBOLIC is an apt description.
Wonder if future customers are put off ordering having read the many threads regarding ordering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just thought that you might like to know. Went to dealers this morning to good news. Thefactory database showsthat the dealer isscheduled toreceive the car on 23rd April not 29th!(from a January 28th order). Just hope that it happens.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Davidess said:
Just thought that you might like to know. Went to dealers this morning to good news. Thefactory database showsthat the dealer isscheduled toreceive the car on 23rd April not 29th!(from a January 28th order). Just hope that it happens.
Everthing crossed....

Hope that Renault help the people who have had their orders delayed and may have missed out on any of the promotions due to late delivery and registering..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just been into my dealer Lifestyle Eastbourne my delivery date is 12th August to the dealer and yes it is an auto.
Compo

·
Super Moderator
2,730 Posts
johnbet said:
Now being told good news?, delivery mid June. Ordered 1Feb. 1.5 diesel auto.
Ties in with mine; ordered 27 Feb, delivery mid July (1.5 dCi auto)

·
Registered
96 Posts
HIya Compo,
Be interesting we ordered ours 6th Feb should be ready to collect 7thMay I think I might do what you have done go into Eastbourne and see what they have to say ours is manual if they are going to say august might tell them to cancel it and get a peugeot 2008 or even a dreaded Juke

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same dealership as me, polite and helpful when selling but did not get replies to my emails so eventually had to go round there and get them to check on delivery.

·
Registered
104 Posts
can't believe all these delays (not saying any of you guys are fibbing) every where I turn up here there is an other Captur , they seem to be coming out of the walls. still glad I got one tho.....they are well worth the wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spoke too soon - the date has now gone out from 16th Jun to first week in July, but I am not optimistic that will happen. Just a reminder ordered 1st Feb!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good grief johnbet, do they actually offer any explanation for that?
I was told 16 weeks about 2 weeks ago...that is not good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arem

They now say it is in the factory - i guess they just work on it a couple of minutes a day. I am fully expecting that the continental shut down for summer will kick in before my delivery and, perhaps pessimistically, expect to see the car sometime in late August now, when of course we will be away on holiday. For a multi national company their organisation is appalling.

It's hard to be excited about a new car anymore.

·
Registered
921 Posts
unfortunately most industries are in the same boatWhen things went quiet a lot of people were layed off or made redundant
And now there short a experienced Labour

For instance there is a shortage of bricks and roof tile here in the UK
27 week wait for roof tiles who would have thought ?

It's frustrating having to wait as we are all so used to everything happening almost instantly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts