Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My library of music is downloaded into iTunes on my pc. If I want copy it over to USB stick do I simply drop and drag?
Confused because in iTunes theres an option to convert the format to mp3
Do I need to convert or will the medianav play any format of music

·
Registered
924 Posts
Generally the itune format can only be played by Apple-oriented equipment. So is not likely to work as a straight copy. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
So you will have to convert to wma or mp3. However, you may find that the DRM system on iTunes will prevent conversion, if you do not have the "rights" to do so. In order to overcome this you have to have DMR-free downloads.

Just go for the mp3 conversion and iTunes will soon let you know if you don't have the "rights".

If you have an iPod, you can plug this into the usb slot using the apple to usb cable. This will give you unlimited access to your iTunes music and audiobooks.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
409 Posts
As previousley stated keeping it simple is the key on the medianav system. A micro usb stick(unobtrusive) is a must. mp3 all your music. You can do this in windows media player by converting your rip option form wma to mp3. Then use creevity to add your pictures to each track. Completely Apple free and easy to manage your music then by simply dragining and dropping from wherever you store your music files onto your usb stick.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Personally, as I have over 5000 tunes on iTunes, I find it FAR easier to simply sync my iPod and plug it into the medianav system using the lightning/USB lead. That give me access to any of my iTunes stuff, and I am able to choose by playlist, genre, artist, album or song. I can also shuffle over my entire library. Its great!

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
110 Posts
crossbow said:
Personally, as I have over 5000 tunes on iTunes, I find it FAR easier to simply sync my iPod and plug it into the medianav system using the lightning/USB lead. That give me access to any of my iTunes stuff, and I am able to choose by playlist, genre, artist, album or song. I can also shuffle over my entire library. Its great!
Crossbow, I am very envious. I have the R-link and it does not seem to work reliably with either my 16gb iphone 5 or my 160gb ipod classic. It keeps losing connection, or just will not connect at all :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I echo crossbows comments, whilst it's known to be untidy with a usb cable tangling, the simple fact is, if you have an apple device then its a no-brainer to connect directly to media-Nav and make full use of available integration with MediaNav which surpasses the rather limited support via a usb memory stick.

Additionally with an iphone connected to usb for all your music playback and bluetooth for mobile calls and access to contacts list you will have NO stuttering issues during music playback and full integration with telephone calls. (well at least this is my personal experience so far playing lossless ALAC)

So if you have an ipod/iphone, from experience I suggest you use its automatic or manual integration with itunes to playback your music from a PC and/or MAC in your Captur with MediaNav units.

Edited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I open the folder that contains my itunes music, I can 'drag and drop' music files directly onto a USB stick and when connected to the R-Link, it plays all the files without problem. It's just connecting the ipod directly to the R-Link which it doesn't seem to like. I've emailed the R-Link help desk and am awaiting their reply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Barrowboy63 said:
If I open the folder that contains my itunes music, I can 'drag and drop' music files directly onto a USB stick and when connected to the R-Link, it plays all the files without problem. It's just connecting the ipod directly to the R-Link which it doesn't seem to like. I've emailed the R-Link help desk and am awaiting their reply.

let us know how you get on, as i am stuggling to get my iphone to connect via usb too. Keeps connecting and disconnecting. Sticking to USB flash or bluetooth at the moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts