Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300 miles trip on the equivalent of UK A roads (mostly 56 MPH speed limit) : 48 MPG @ AVG speed 43 MPH and with a lousy score of 71, ECO and cruise control mostly on. The poor score is I think due to the fact that I let the cruise control manage the auto box and I very rarely take over therefore consumption can certainly be improved, though I'm already mighty pleased.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Note : ECO can be used like an overdrive on a 60's car, leaving it on most of the time and switching it off when going uphill or overtaking. A pity it's activated by a button stupidly located on the centre console and not by a handy toggle switch on the dash.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is interesting that you turn your ECO off when overtaking. I never turn mine off and can reach 6000 revs before the auto changes gear. This indicates to me that the turbo andpower are being adequately delivered without turning off theECO. It does not take long to build to 5000 RPM either. The kick-down on the auto box effectively turns off the ECO setting until the overtaking manoeuvre has been completed and things settle down to normal.
I find that the ECO has a delaying effect at low revs only. Once I am doing 2000 RPM the kick-down and the car respond well. So it is only at low (in town) revs that the ECO has an effect on a quick get-away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not worried about stop/start, Tyrfelin, don't have any.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
As regards ECO, of course you're right Crossbow, but I find the car so sluggish with ECO on that I feel more comfortable turning it off for any emergency, certainly stupid of me and there Tyrfelin is right as well, I should embrace the technology and leave the bl...ECO on! I promise to mend my ways.
On the consumption front, very pleased to report that tank fill up fully confirmed the 48 MPG, this onboard computer is amazingly precise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told that if you slam your foot down flat ECO mode is over ridden until you release. (The reason behind it is for emergency manoeuvres) is this true...? I would know if I had the car, but alas I'm still waiting (mid May delivery!)
Edited by: Todge

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My partner, and driver, is still getting used to 'kick down' so I'm 'very naughty' and have been switching that Eco button off to prevent her having a problem with a quick getaway!! Interesting to know that the kick down overrides the Eco system guys!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts