Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one's intended for Ythsie, and the other 120 TCe owners.
I went of a road trip this weekend of around 400 miles. I covered "A" roads and motorways, travelling at the legal speed limit and averages out at45.9 MPH. The end to end fuel consumption over that trip was 42.8 MPG or 6.6l/100km. The best I had managed before on such a trip was 41.1 MPG. But now the car is well run in at around 2500 miles. So I was well pleased with the results. I was even stuck in a traffic queue for 20 mins. creeping along at 0-6 MPH. The auto gearbox doing its job well.

My 'round-town trips gives me an average of 39 MPG. So even at speed the Captur auto and its 6 speed gearbox does a good job.

PS. I flashed and waved at several Capturs on that journey. The owners must have thought "I wonder who that idiot was?", as no one flashed or waved back.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would have flashed you as well...but I'm too far away!!
It just confirms my 6.3/ 100kms is not a flook but rather efficient engine and gearbox mated together..The 120 seems to be the least bought option, but I honestly think it's an efficient, balanced motor for the size of car...giving excellent performance and economy
Good to know that you're happy as is Julian and the other auto brigade members!
Thanks for the feedback!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
87 Posts
For me it's about 6.5 l/100km on speed around 100km/h
And 7.6l/100km in a town - 50 - 60km/h and lot of traffic lights on the way.
Now using winter tires. I don't use ECo mode - because it's affects climate control functionality...

btw. Even if its minus 10 degrees outside, when staring engine - is working on 1000 rpm - but on my old cars there was a higher RPM due "heating" engine - about 1500 - 1600 for first 5 minutes...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Telmah, so we're all getting about the same...which shows how effective the auto box is...
I'm on winter tyres as well but haven't noticed the drop in AC action when in eco mode as I boost it with the fan if needed.
We had temperatures of -22°C last month and she started first time with the low revs you mentioned...excellent!
It just takes 4 or 5 minutes to get the heat coming through the cabin in those temperatures!
Thanks for your comments!! Happy motoring!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmmm, for me in -22 : 10 minutes driving and engine are still cold, and there is no normal heat coming :( If not driving - a cannot deice windscreen in 10 minutes...
PS. my car are not in garage

Edited by: Telmah

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
<div align="center">I de-iced the windscreen and switched the engine on for 5 mins...you're right...before we started driving ...so it would be about 10 mins by the time the heat came through...you're right!..sorry!!
That was when the car was outside...but most of the time the car is in the garage with no problems!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
55 Posts
I to have the120 TCe and am getting the same results on MPG without the eco on, my car has 2000 miles on the clock but last week I turn the eco on and reset the MPG so I could watch it as I drove on a 44 miles trip mainly on country roads and traffic in town centre. Tried to keep the speed 40/50 miles per hour, was surprised when I managed to get it up to 50.2 MPG ,in doing this I took my foot of the gas and rolled the car as much as possible without losing speed being extra careful on the gas pedal. I have left the eco on all week and its gone down to 42.3 MPG round town.Will be doing the same trip this week so will try without the eco see what result I get this time . Heating is slow but its nice to know they are all the same had thought of going back to dealers to have it checked, its a great motor to drive and am really pleased with mine ..

Update. Well done the the same run as last week with eco off this time, well believe it or not here is
the prove photo below
Edited by: jonjohn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts