Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quite impressed with only filling my captur once a fortnight my polo was every week although it says i am only getting 32.3 mpg seems like more to me

·
Registered
824 Posts
Its a great feeling isnt it Graham.........I was putting £55 a week in my last car......Im putting @ £30 a fortnight in the Captur for the same sort of motoring
I have to be pleased with that!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bit of a genralisation here. Turn off the auto air conditioning (RED LIGHTON) Set the temp on manual to whatever your happy with and set the fan to one or two dots. Now set your position buttons (windscreen, middle, feet) to where ever suits. Now watch your MPG go up. Leaving the air con on is a sure fire way of decreasingyour MPG. It is wise however to run it once in a while.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A full tank lasted me 12 days and on eco mpg only 31.8, am now on my second full tank and eco off and mpg currently 33-35! My previous diesel was only getting 41mpg, happy so far. Edited by: KarenB

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think the frugal use of the auto air conditioning is a fairly common tip in most cars. Its usually less of a problem for larger engined vehicles, but in the case of the Captur with its lowish BHP's its one worth investigating. Having the AC light come ON when NOT in use is a confusion waiting to happen. Many will just potter around quite happily not realising the extra burden they are putting on their engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts