Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Captur 1.2 TCe EDC Signature Nav Auto fitted with R-Link Multimedia from Motability. I check for software & hardware upgrades every month, the last check being on 21 October 17, and it was found to be up to date.

On Monday 1 November the Multimedia screen ceased to be touch sensitive meaning no Satnav route planning, no Live TomTom facilities, no multimedia, no hands off telephone etc.

The little Captur car symbol follows us around the Satnav screen very accurately showing that the GPS is working but we can't tell it where we want to go! To phone out we have to use a mobile phone for starting and ending calls. On multimedia the only thing available to us is ""˜Smooth FM'!!!!!!.

Are there any person(s) out there who may be able to advise us of what might be wrong, and to suggest any self help methods that may rectify the situation.

The local dealer can't see the car until 17 November.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I bought my car through a broker and I wasn't given a radio code. Are you sure it has one and Is there a way to retrieve this code if the battery was disconnected?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the touch screen stop. It was the use of an antiseptic wipe! These wipes deposit a film on the screen.
Cleaned with an alcohol spectacle wipe and all was fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks but no, I had thought of some sort of Reboot but there is nothing in any of the car's manuals and as me and electricity don't like each other I'll give that one a miss

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Captur 1.2 TCe EDC Signature Nav Auto fitted with R-Link Multimedia from Motability. I check for software & hardware upgrades every month, the last check being on 21 October 17, and it was found to be up to date.

On Monday 1 November the Multimedia screen ceased to be touch sensitive meaning no Satnav route planning, no Live TomTom facilities, no multimedia, no hands off telephone etc.

The little Captur car symbol follows us around the Satnav screen very accurately showing that the GPS is working but we can't tell it where we want to go! To phone out we have to use a mobile phone for starting and ending calls. On multimedia the only thing available to us is ""˜Smooth FM'!!!!!!.

Are there any person(s) out there who may be able to advise us of what might be wrong, and to suggest any self help methods that may rectify the situation.

The local dealer can't see the car until 17 November.

hello DooDarDay,

i experienced the same thing this morning for a Captur GT Line 2019 model.

the Renault dealer/Services is open until 1pm today only and closed during sundays.

i just have to ring them Monday so.

will this be connected with the product safey recall a few weeks ago - RE: alternator wire re-routing. ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts