Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a fault yet. But this morning whilst playing music from my USB stick I turned off the car to pop in the shops.
I think the music normally stays on till I open my door, this time it never. I closed the door and walked away and it was still playing even when the doors locked. I returned 5 mins later music was still playing. Never happened before I will see if happens again. Hope not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like something to keep an eye on. Thanks for the heads up. Let us know if it becomes a major issue.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Same happened to me last night. Switched off car and switched on media to listen while still in the car. Got out and locked car but even though car was locked the music still played! Had to unlock car and switch off medianav. Worked fine switching off with ignition since though!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Manual:

p.1.9

special note
After switching off the engine, the lights
and any accessories that are in operation (radio, etc.) will continue to operate.
They will cease on opening the driver's door or on locking the vehicle after
opening another door.

p.2.5
Hands-free RENAULT card
With the card in the vehicle, press
button 1: the engine will stop. The steering column is locked when the driver's
door is opened or the vehicle is locked.
If the card is no longer in the passenger compartment when you try to
switch the engine off, the message ""NO
KEYCARD PRESS AND HOLD""� appears on the instrument panel: press
the button 1 for longer than two seconds.
With the engine switched off, any accessories being used (radio, etc.) will
continue to function for approximately
10 minutes.
When the driver's door is opened, the
accessories stop working.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Except that one occasion the music always stops when I press the off button and then open my door. Can't understand why it never turned off that one time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine works exactly like it is decribed in manual (R-link).Including:<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">"With the engine switched off, any accessories being used (radio, etc.)will
continue to function for approximately10 minutes.
When the driver's door is opened, theaccessories stop working".

·
Registered
174 Posts
So is my MediaNav faulty? I was under the impression that it should stay on until the door is opened, but thought it must have changed. Now it seems that peoples MediaNav' do stay on until the door is opened. Is mine faulty as it goes off as soon as the engine stops?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts