Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early days yet , only had it a week, & struggling with all the technology.

When ordered a Dynamique S MediaNav didn't actually realise it wouldn't have a CD player. How technophobic was that?. OK I can put my CDs on a stick so no problem.

Trying to get to to grips with the Sat Nav but every time I mute the radio at the steering column arm it mutes the sat nav as well. How do you actually switch off the radio whilst listening to the sat nav?

HELP!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
You don't. What you can do is switch to USB - you hear nothing but sat nav if you don't have flash drive in. Trust me, we have all gone round in circles at the start with the same issue until someone put us right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Tried to do this by pressing Media with no stick in place. It just tells me there is no stick & when I press OK it goes back to the radio.

Have I got the sequence right? Should I have the satnav on, & a route set, before I try this? Can you please advise me re sequence.

Don't have these problems with my MGTF160; my wife owns the Captur; with an air vent mounted Tom Tom!! I also get 0 to 60 in 6.9 secs!!!!

I've just spoken to the dealer who said that the whole system is linked & you can't operate the satnav separately from the radio but he suggested I reduce the volume on the radio to zero via the volume control & perhaps the sat nav should continue to work/speak OK.

Haven't had a chance to try that yet as my wife is using the Captur at present but if others have had to resort to subterfuge via the USB this seems to simple to be true.

I'll try it later & report back.

Edited by: A PITT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Or put your radio volume to1. with engine running and while driving you won't hear nothing but with nav volume set to 15 or 20 you will hear directions perfetcly. Thats how i solved the problem.

by the way, is there any other way just to turn of the radio and leave everything else runnin normaly? not muting but turning it of.

thanx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll get on to it as soon as I can get at the car & report back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Folks,
Tried suggested options & have opted to go for radio volume setting on 1.
Thanks to all.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts