Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked up my Captur Friday afternoon. Drove it 20 miles home then had to work all weekend so haven't been in it since Friday (drove husbands car to work so mine didn't get dirty ;-) ) I have plans to spend all afternoon tomorrow playing with the gadgets and driving around the country roads.

It is a Dynamique MediaNav S in Ivory with Diamond Black Roof with black gloss pack. This was from stock so I didn't choose the combination but think it looks pretty smart.

I bought it from Rawlinson in Bury St Edmunds who were very good and had it parked in the showroom to make it feel a little more special when you go and collect it.

What does everything think about the front fog light coming on when you turn corners in the dark? I think it looks a bit strange from outside, can you turn it off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same look as mine. I think we must have style Spicegirl, as this was the look they used in the one they originally showed off at the Frankfurt motor show.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same colour comb as mine, yes its smart ,and to answer your question no you can't turn fog lights off,Its quite handy on dark roads. enjoy your new Captur

·
Registered
338 Posts
No, you can't turn it off. Looks strange? Not as strange as your car would look if you catch some low wall or bollard...I like it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tyrfelin said:
What engine?

It's a Tce90 Petrol. I am very pleased with it. Was a little nervous about whether it would be powerful enough but it is great (majority of my driving is around villages and bumpy country roads).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
They are called cornering lights and are a real asset to night time driving. You could keep the fogs on and then they wouldn't switch on off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@spicegirl: Nice colours! I ordered just the same but only with the standard chrome pack. But I like the black trim VERY much as well!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great to hear lots have chosen the same colour combo. I still haven't seen another Captur on the Road.

I am sure I will get used to the cornering lights and doubt they will come on again until October anyway as I rarely drive my car in the evenings. I thought the cornering lights would be more like my husbands Mazda CX5 where the lights actually move with the steering.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts