Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm probably going to get shot down for starting this topic, but I wondered if anyone has named their captur? I've named my last 2 cars:
Skoda Yeti - called Harry after Harry and the Hendersons
Fiat 500 twin air - called Percy after the small engine in Thomas the tank
Just trying to think of potential names for my new captur when it finally arrives......

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll be terribly boring and say that I always refer to the car as a 'her' and on this occasion, because it was my first new car, I spoiled myself and called my car 'C4PTUR' on her numberplate..
I'm aware from another earlier thread, that many of the forum members DO have names for their cars...
You found a 'fun' thing to find out....and why not!?

·
Registered
169 Posts
hmm intresting never thought of calling my car a name geordie, called my old fiat a few names but none of which i could repeat on here lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
lol, I think im calling mine Rodney. my current car at the moment, whitemegane coupe is called brian out of family guy.

Living with my girlfriend, her and her family always named their cars so I had to join in lol!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I prefer to use silly names for cars rather than real names that's why mine is called 'Happy Cappy'

I know I know I'll get my coat....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Interesting,
in French a car is traditionally a she, like a table or a girl, don't ask me
why, beats me ! However since four wheel drives and now SUVs, have become
popular, this type of car has mysteriously acquired a male gender and a proper Frenchman,
or Frenchwoman for that matter, wouldn't want to be caught dead calling his or
her Evoque or Tiguan or even, perish the thought, his or her Captur, a She !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not very original I am afraid, Freddie because its colour is Mercury, Freddie, Mercury geddit! First male car we have ever had!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is "Black Bess", simply because it's a Diamond Black all over Dynamique 1.5DCi - for those that don't know, especially our Non UK members, Black Bess was the name of Dick Turpins trusty steed - he was an 18th century Highwayman - quite appropriate given the amount of miles I do but I don't rob anybody on route

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Georgigirl,
Your correspondent below might have been referring to the thread I started a few weeks ago about having a pet name for your car.
I am still working on producing a decal for placing on the rear of my Captur on the opposite side to the dci badge and it will say 'POCKET ROCKET'.
I have a granddaughter who is a graphic artist and she is assisting me with the design; my own graphic programmes aren't good enough for this work. When the work is done I will produce a picture of the result.

With regard to gender my Pocket Rocket seems to have a sex change from standing still demurely at the curbside looking very feminine to outside lane at 80+ miles an hour where it becomes very masculine as it moves like a hunting animal.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Pocket Rocket on a 90bhp car?Sorry, but that's just asking to be laughed at.
There's nothing 'rocket' about the performance, unless you mean Stephenson's rocket.....

Edited by: bol d'or

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rene the Raptur

1 - 20 of 34 Posts