Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to delete route history from media Nav system?
Although my car has the optional spare wheel ,should there be a tyre deflation warning system on this model - Dynamique s 0.9 TCe ? There is no evidence of a warning light on initial startup.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just answered my own question!
Settings
Factory reset
Select the area you want to delete/ reset or all( I did this and lost all radio pre-sets)
Pretty sure this is not in relevant handbook but may be wrong.
May I just add that this forum is a real help -so pleased I joined.

·
Super Moderator
2,379 Posts
Rob said:
Although my car has the optional spare wheel ,should there be a tyre deflation warning system on this model - Dynamique s 0.9 TCe ?

This may be fitted to pre-empt the law; just read that from November 2014, all new cars sold in the EEC will have to have a tyre deflation system fitted. (not clear if this means any new model of car, or any car sold as new irrespective of how long ago it was designed - I suspect the latter, hence provision for the warning lamp has already been made)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
In certain daylight you can see the unlit icon for the tyre pressure monitoring system! On the right hand part of the drivers display!

·
Registered
924 Posts
There is definitely a tyre pressure monitoring system. It is a simple warning system, not like some Renaults, which actually give a pressure reading for each tyre. The TPMS is fitted to all versions of the Captur.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Whilst I said it is fitted, I assume it is operational on the modelsupon whichit is fitted.
I talked with the sales person about the TPMS, as I was keen to have one fitted. I had a sophisticated system fitted to my Espace, and was glad of it. Detected a puncture prior to it becoming a problem on the road.

The Captur version does seem to be simple go/no-go system. I must admit it is unnerving not to get a positive indication regarding its operation. I just have to assume that it is working.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
924 Posts
First of all, I would like to say that most of the forum members are probably well-meaning amateurs, and offer responses to help and questions based upon experience gained through owning a Captur or have read about it, extensively. As such any response cannot be held up in law or other formal situation. Info offered here is done in all good faith.
Right. Having said that, I will continue with this thread.

I found an e-guide on the tyre pressure monitor system of the Captur. It is here http://www.e-guide.renault.com/portail/eguideHTML/J87/eng/php/unite_documentaire.php?id=ENG_UD32890_2_UA31651001&thUA=TYRE+PRESSURE+LOSS+WARNING&codeVue=01&idHspt=2#.UzP8oWZFDcs

Earlier I said that the TPMS is present across the range. This is what my brochure I used to order my Captur indicated. I now know that this in not necessarily true. My car does NOT have the TPMS. I have found this out through my dealer. Furthermore, I cannot find out through the on-line specification service of Renault, which Capturs, if any, have a TPMS fitted, either as standard or as an optional extra.

So the question remains, "how do I know if my car is fitted with the TPMS or not". The simple answer is to follow the instructions given in the link above. I will make an assumption that if you canusethe "learning the tyre pressure"process then you have the TPMS fitted. If you follow the instructions and do not find this process as described in the e-guide, then you have not.

Of course the one true way to find out is to ask your dealer. They have access to a system that describes your car in lots of technical detail. It uses your reg/VIN number to list the technical features present and not present on your vehicle.

I hope this post helps people determine the presence or not of the TPMS on your vehicle.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have been talking with my dealer about the TPMS.
As I said before, the brochure used to order my Captur has the TPMS fitted as standard across the range. The publish date for the brochure was June 2013. Brochures published at October 2013 and beyond, do not even mention the TPMS. Neither does the on-line system, as I have already mentioned in a previous posting. So that means thatthe TPMSis not available at all, even as an option. It may be that this situation is UK only, so non-UK customers may have a different configuration option for their capturs.

So as far as cars ordered and imported into the UK since October 2013, the TPMS is NOT an option. This is my interpretation of the situation. If anyone has further info on this issue, they are welcome to reply.

For me the matter is closed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Probably just as well TBH, they have caused a lot of trouble over the years and owners of numerous Renaultshave had them disabled. However they are now part of the MOT, and if they are fitted to a car registerd after Jan 2012 they must function correctly.
Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could the same be said about the standard heated front seats on the S variant-or the lack of them.
Many Captur articles bandied about in the press after launch stated that the heated seats were a standard feature on the top of the range model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts