Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Generally very pleased with the drive after owning for just over a week. However, many puzzling things that may or may not be an issue:
  • when I place my mobile phone in the charging area the Multimedia screen advises removal of 'metal object' before charging can start. But there is no metal object present other than the phone itself!
  • the clock is wrongly set to GMT rather than BST, and I cannot find a way of changing it via Multimedia controls
  • I've set up a separate user profile for my wife in French, and would also like to select kilometres as the standard units for this profile, as we do a lot of travelling in France (in non-Covid times!)
Advice on any of the above would be much appreciated - thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
This is all very useful! I'm now making slow progress with the Media Centre, and have discovered how to access a number of useful functions! e.g.:
  • how the orientation of the lights can be changed to right hand (continental) driving
  • how to use voice activation
  • how the driver can use the controls on the stalks rather than tapping the media centre itself (e.g. 'source' and 'mode' buttons?)
  • how to set/reset trip odometer
  • how to display fuel consumption
  • how to edit and input names and addresses into navigation database for each profile
  • how to programme the navigation voice to speak in both english and french according to profile selected
  • using cruise control and speed limiter
  • wireless charging of mobile phone - my phone is not capable of induction charging, but the car is

Registered
My car can only do a little of all that. User profiles?? WOW. I call that seat adjustment. On my (European) spec Captur I can't even set the odometer to read miles. This option to convert only applies to UK spec cars - and how leaving that option off my car saves any money for Renault I will never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts