Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously we are all worried on the outcome from this for ourselves and loved ones but I'm worried I have committed to buying a car assuming that my self and family come out of this healthy, employed and unscathed
I ordered my new Captur on 22/02 with a delivery into the uk on 16th April and at the dealer ready for pickup by 10th May
Obviously there is no way that is going to happen and I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to cancel, which in effect from what I’ve read, I cannot.
I have found in the small print on the documentation that the dealer has 21 days from estimated pickup and another 7 days after this to produce the car or either party can cancel the deal and I get my deposit back.
I know these are unusual circumstances but think this may be a way out.
I have emailed the dealership (unsure if anyone is still receiving them, even at home?)

·
Registered
124 Posts
A half decent dealer should be contacting you. There's still some time to go but you could contact Renault UK customer services if no one is available at your dealership. Someone should be there answering the phone.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Maybe worth trying to find a legal expert. What's going on now is undoubtedly "force majeur" which may make many contracts null and void. Do you want the car or not? - or don't you know yet because things are so uncertain?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe worth trying to find a legal expert. What's going on now is undoubtedly "force majeur" which may make many contracts null and void. Do you want the car or not? - or don't you know yet because things are so uncertain?
I obviously want to see how we all come out of this as well as personal finances and the wife’s job.
I still want it but not till September for new reg as was in 2 minds with the May delivery but really can’t see it coming till July/August anyway with the current crisis.
Obviously there might be better deals to have and may consider buying outright with money saved on cancelled holidays and low interest rates For a loan?
It May seem selfish? but I’m worried at signing up to something as much as this with all the uncertainty both globally and personally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rang customer services today, they put me onto a senior manager who is escalating it and last words were they would be looking to refund my deposit..👍
I will deffo be purchasing but will see what happens after this is all over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Look on the bright side of this. You have money from a cancelled holiday?? Missus and I have lost a fortune on a package for the whole family (8) to Florida. It's a Virgin package and they are only issuing a voucher even though we may never go again. Insurance won't cover since we have been offered this "compensation". If Virgin goes bust, it's all down the drain.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
^
If Virgin goes bust, you may be covered by IATA/ABTA fund.... but it is a worrying time. I usually try to take a few days away in May, booking in February but when I started looking at things in late January/early February I decided I wouldn't fly anywhere until the autumn. Can't believe that the government was not also looking out about health scares worldwide at that time - or if they were, why they didn't act earlier

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah the holiday is ATOL covered but so far all I seem to able to get is a voucher via the agent. Still trying. Managed to crack the ba.com page and got a refund for some BA tickets despite their javascript cheat to hide the "refund" page and show only the "voucher" one (there's a hack on the internet).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sort of in the same position. Ordered my new Captur at the beginning of March but have only paid £500 deposit. My current Audi A3 ends its 3 year PCP next month. As well as the usual options Audi has offered a six month extension, presumably with a new balloon payment. So I have to decide what to do. It looks like the Renault factories are reopening in Spain and Portugal but no doubt there will be a delay or even further shutdowns. I am just going to sit on it and wait and see what happens I think. Does anyone know exactly where the new Captur is being built?

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
They have been up and running for about 2-3 weeks. No update from my dealer yet but i am expecting it some time in July if they continue building them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts