Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

The new captur is an excellent car but since purchasing mine a couple of months ago it seems to have a couple of annoying issues with the digital systems. I have it booked in for next week to be investigated but thougut I would share these to see if anyone else has issues or fixes.

1. Weather widget keeps setting itself to *F after every engine restart. I have to go into settings and change my units from Miles to Kilometeres then back to Miles to get the temps to display *C after every engine restart.

2. The cluster trip computer keeps resetting itself to 0miles every few days along with other preferences like veiwing radio channel/ navigation etc. When power starts to the cluster they then appear as blank spaces in the top corners so when this happens I have to reselect my display prefrences.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renault apparently have not heard of any of these issues before. But looking on here it seems to have been issues since it's release!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2020 S Edition keeps resetting the trip computer and
Renault apparently have not heard of any of these issues before. But looking on here it seems to have been issues since it's release!
My dealer said the same, not ever heard of this problem. My
Hi all,

The new captur is an excellent car but since purchasing mine a couple of months ago it seems to have a couple of annoying issues with the digital systems. I have it booked in for next week to be investigated but thougut I would share these to see if anyone else has issues or fixes.

1. Weather widget keeps setting itself to *F after every engine restart. I have to go into settings and change my units from Miles to Kilometeres then back to Miles to get the temps to display *C after every engine restart.

2. The cluster trip computer keeps resetting itself to 0miles every few days along with other preferences like veiwing radio channel/ navigation etc. When power starts to the cluster they then appear as blank spaces in the top corners so when this happens I have to reselect my display prefrences.

Thanks.
My trip computer for mpg keeps resetting itself on a 2 week old car!
Dispite this, I'm in love with my Captur !!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems to be a few vehicles with this fault, I am suprised Renault are not aware! 7th October mine is booked in for, hope to have some answers then mate.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Judging by this forum, display issues are not uncommon. If your dealer can't help you have a word with Renault Customer Services and refer them to a few posts here. They can be surprisingly helpful at times.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A Main Dealer informed me a few weeks ago that a big update is due for the Captur Software so maybe Renault are aware of these issues 🤔

·
Registered
526 Posts
Amazing the amount of gadgets and widgets on modern cars. All relying on computers that,as we all know,never,ever go wrong. Speedometer and fuel gauge are really all I need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mmm... Problems so far:
-- The small boxes around the speed display are resetting now and then. I have it set on fuel consumption to the left and the compass to the right. They have reset and been removed three times in two weeks.
-- The tyre pressure monitoring is resetting, it seems to be linked to the problem above. It wants to have the pressure re-initialized. Funny: When I restored the boxes around the speed, the tyre pressure was OK again.
-- The level of the screen brightness is re-setting itself to the lowest setting. It sometimes (but not always) happens when the Auto-light is turned on, so it becomes too dark for me to see so I have to push up the brightness.

Those are quite irritating, but on the whole I still love the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of your issues, I have the same! So annoying!
Yes, very annoying. I hope for a fix soon! The car is wonderful, it's just those sudden resets of the instrument screen that annoys me. I want to keep track on the fuel consumption but it's of no use when the monitor resets itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts