Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
An update was installed a few days ago (it installed itself), it’s too early to say if it’s cured the problems (it came without notes) but so far so good...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So the tech guy may have solved the resetting of the Trip computer etc and also will fix your media system if it randomly resets now and again. There is what I believe is a connector under the glove box near the fuses that has a cable tie with a white label on it, this should of been be removed. The cable tie made the connection loose which would cause a quick power loss which would either restart your media system while driving now and again and would also cause the trips to restart after having the car turned off/locked.

He has kept my car in to look at the weather widget issues and some other minor settings that don't save.

Latest software number should have 777 near the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
With regards to the media system and weather widget, well Renault HQ in france are aware of nearly all models having a software issue and they are working on a software update which will be released soon. A communication will be sent to all workshops about this issue apparently and the car will need to be booked in to have it installed. They will phone me when this ready and I can then inform you all. So we will have to deal with it for now and a few of your cars may need booking in soon to have this update.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hopefully will get sorted then. My 1.3s resets itself and radio is sometimes on, sometimes off on start up. Have had air con problem on hot days it blows hot air, dealer couldnt find a problem but it wasnt hot when it was there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, the latest software update has worked for me so far for the mpg and instrument cluster - no resets of the mpg nor the tyre pressure. Having some issues with my iPhone connecting - disconnecting - connecting again but that's the only thing right now. No problems with the weather widget.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Instrument screen still working fine now, no resets. It came a new update today that was installed. Had problems with my iPhone connecting - disconnecting - connecting. And after the latest update it was only connecting as an iPod so Carplay wasn’t turned on.
But I think I’ve solved this problem. :)
In the Settings - General - Carplay on my iPhone, i pressed the ”Forget this car” with my iPhone unplugged. Then I plugged it in again and Carplay was turned on. I’ve tested several times now, it connects with Carplay every time. :)
”Forget this car” resets the Carplay connection. It’s working fine now. But if I have to reset Carplay everytime it comes an update to the mediascreen, then it will be a bit annoying

·
Registered
22 Posts
It took me 700 miles before a passenger told me the little car on the instrument panel indicates , anyone else not noticed.
Going out to mine soon to see if there is an update available.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Captur upates itself automatically, I get a notice on the media screen "Update completed". It happened again yesterday evening. Problem is that my iPhone gets disconnected when it happens and then I loose Carplay, my iPhone connects as an iPod.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Was out today and shopped some groceries. No issues today with the Captur. Carplay etc everything works just fine. :) Hopefully this continues...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok it still disconnects my iPhone and I loose Carplay. Happened twice on a 20 min journey this evening. Bummer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Earlier this week, I upgraded my iPhone from iOS 14.0.1 to 14.1. The CarPlay has not disconnected since then. We'll se how it continues. Maybe - hopefully - iOS 14.1 and Captur multimediasystem is a better match.
When it was at it worst it disconnected several times during a 30 min drive, I had to unplug and plug back.
The real test will happen today, I will make a longer journey over the weekend. If it keeps CarPlay with no issues, then I will consider the issue as fixed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm still having issues with CarPlay disconnecting from time to time, this is getting tiresome.
I've reset the connection and now I changed to a new cable (again). Apple original.
I've searched in other forums, not Renault, and found that CarPlay disconnecting is a vey common problem.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
81 Posts
I went for a longer drive yesterday on the M1 and called at my Dealership just to see and ask if they were reopening next Monday. By chance the receptionist saw me loitering near the door and came and asked what I wanted. She said one of the sales team was in and so I asked to speak to him. I mentioned this resetting issue which is getting on my nerves and also the fact that the Stop/Start doesn't work 9 times out of 10. Of course he looked totally surprised and said that "that's a new one on me". Yeah, right. I told him about the Forum and the number of Captur owners with the same or similar problems. I also mentioned the OTS yellow/blue/red updates that someone mentioned on another thread and he said that this is in effect an official recall and that for my car there wasn't one. The only recall at the moment is for the plug-in hybrid although he didn't say what it was for. Anyhoo they are picking up my car next Thursday (no courtesy cars during pandemic) and keeping it the whole day to have a look. There isn't a hope in **** that they'll find anything, it won't throw up any fault codes as we all know but at least the car will get a wash! If, when they bring the car back and the result is as I expect, my next port of call will be Renault Customer Services to raise this officially. Oh yes, I was also told, re the Stop/Start, that the fault is probably the air conditioning and the fact that I've been driving approximately five miles a day. So today I've turned the A/C off and intend to go for a 20-30 mile drive every couple of days to see that'll help. One can but hope. My trip meter hasn't reset for the last 140 miles (a record) but I won't hold my breath. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hope everything sorts out for you. Most of my issues were sorted out when they took in and checked my car and found that a fuse and relay wasn't plugged in properly, so they fastened everything securely. Everything worked after that for a couple of weeks. Then the temperature dropped by 10 degrees during one night and the tyre pressure indicator reset itself. I re-initialised it and re-activated it but it didn't stored my setting, so next time starting up it came back "Check tyre pressure". After some weeks it cured itself when it got warmer.
Now after I've changed from winter tyres to summer tyres this problem has come back.
I've checked the tyre pressure, re-initialised the tyre pressure warning, and each time I start upp it says again check the tyre pressure and it displays so for the whole trip...
Oh, and the wireless charging pad doesn't work with my QI-charger compatible iPhone.
But all other issues are cured.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi all,

Due to pandemic and work i have not being able to get my car to the garage and then get home again while they look at it (no waiting facility available) i have not been back to the garage since Aug/ September time. At which they said they would call me when Renault HQ in France releases an software update to be installed at the garage, this have not happened.

My captur is stuff suffering with software issues which is really getting on my wick!

So the check tyre pressure now comes up every restart of the car

stop/start hardly works, usually says optimising battery nearly everytime.

On Cold days/ nights usually resets my trip and resets my prefrences on the top left and right of dash.

The weather widget stays in *F when it should be *C with you having to change units to Kmh then back to mph to switch it over so I dont bother!

I do think this is a battery/ power issue,

I will be onto them in the coming weeks though!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts