Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd share my ordering experience with you guys :)

I've just ordered a new Renault Captur - 1.2 petrol EDC Intens - I've driven a Captur with this engine on a test drive and liked it a lot - the EDC transmission does a great job for daily driving. It seems a bit slow when driving off from a standstill, but still it is very pleasing to drive around. So what is the one I ordered like?

On the outside - The color is orange with a black roof and mirrors, chrome elements changed to glossy black. Black alloy wheels, rear windows tinted. Captur sticker on the roof. I tried to keep the car as much in the orange/black tone as possible.

On the inside - dark interior with orange trim and orange zipped upholstery.

That's all about the looks of it, other than that I've chosen the R-Link, parking sensors with back-up camera and heated front seats.

It was supposed to be delivered in November (week 47), but now it seems that there is a problemand Renault is not taking new orders for two-tone exterior - at least in Poland. So unless I change the color to one tone only my order is on hold and I have no idea when it will be delivered :(

Hope you guys like it!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums,I think your design looks great but it's a shame the two tone option is not currently available. As far as I'm aware you can still order it in the UK. I'll see what I can find out...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It seems that it's due to high demand for the two color versions - there is quite a long backlog on them, while the single color is less popular and therefore gets manufactured quicker. Fortunately my dealer just called me telling that they might be able to enter the order into the system next week - probably the fact that the factory doesn't even work this month does not help either, and everything is supposed to get back to normal in September. I still hope that the order won't be delayed much - will keep you updated :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Just got an update from the dealer - my car is due to production in November, delivery expected mid-Dec. Quite a long wait still ahead of me :(

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi
I have some informatiin for you in your privatev message box.
Very nice combinatiin of colours! I have gone for a more elderly choice....but I do like the Arizona orange..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You're right by the way! There are a lot of one all-over coloured Capturs available over here...but not many automatic 120 two-tone versions!
Give me a bit of advice...I'm buying private plates. I live in Kujawsko Pomorskie so I can get a number plate starting with the letter 'C'....can't make up my mind whether to make it C4 APTUR or CO NCEPT....what do you think?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1 for C4 PTUR :)
But I'm afraid that you can only choose the "second part" that is the PTUR, and the number after "C" is assigned in order, so the first one will be C0 PTUR, the next C1 PTUR etc, but I have never ordered private plates here in Poland, so I can't be sure. If you can just get the C4 PTUR - that would be outstanding :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi

It works slightly differently.You start with the C and then you can choose any number between 0 - 9, then you can choose up to five letters or a combination of five numbers and ketters. So, C4 PTUR is possible, although there is a space after 4.
Cost? 1118...unlike the UK, the number cannot be transfered!
Thanks..I think I will go with it.
I thought about C0 NCEPT because it has CAPTUR written on the boot kid..so it would read CAPTUR CONCEPT...which was the original idea behind the car...
What do you think Dan?...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know there are plans to make these plates transferrable, but these are just plans so it's hard to judge whether it'll be changed or not. But on the other hand - why would you transfer a C4PTUR plate to another car? :p Sure, if you'd get your name for a custom plate or something more private like that, then it'd be a different story :)

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I like it - I have a private plate on my current car but it's more related to my name and we can transfer them in the UK so I can move it from car to car.

It's expensive I guess and if you can't transfer it does that mean if you sold the car the new owner would get it?

Anyway, sounds and looks good so if you can afford it - go for it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new owner would get it if he lives in the same area, which is denoted by the first letter on the plate ("C" in this case) - if he lives in a different region the plate would be decomissioned and it would be impossible to use it again - quite the opposite of how it works in the UK

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Car arrives at the dealer, if all goes well, on the 9th October. I've been told that it has come off the assembly line and is waiting to be transported.....so all good if customs approve it.
As for your serviving suggestion Adrianmik....it only applies to loyal clients who have a Renault, and costs 700PLN, for two years.....expensive if that's what I will be paying for an oil change, as the rest of the car is on warranty! That would be on top of the extra 700PLN I would be paying for the extended warranty bringing it up to 4 years in Poland.

Re our conversation...they are re-exporting them to Germany because of the price!! Single tone cars are available almost immediately in Poland.

Dan, I like the idea as I'm buying this car new and don't intend selling it quickly, unless it proves unreliable....and I hope that isn't the case.....Two plates I thought of were C4PTUR or CONCEPT... about 200 quid extra for the fun of it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My car is finally on the way! It can be delivered to the dealer any day now, even tomorrow :) This has been an extremely long wait for me, but it seems that it's almost over!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Adrianmik...you have been very patient!! Why such a long wait as there are plenty of cars down in Śląsk?
I hope the weather improves for you!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has arrived, finally :)

I've seen it at the dealership today, the 100% orange/black combo (no chrome) looks simply amazing! The dealer needs to take care of the paperwork and register the car as it's going to be leased, but not very long till I collect it now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good for you!! I hope everything goes smoothly...you have been very patient! You will love it!!

Edited by: Ythsie

1 - 20 of 46 Posts