Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. Hope your all well and enjoying your Captur.

I've been looking into the Captur as my next car. A replacement to my Nissan Qashqai. I stumbled across you lot, and have picked up a lot a good things to drive me towards choosing the Captur. What spec and trim still in deep discussion with my other half on that.

Only off putting thing I've got is delivery. My 2 children have now ventured to buying there own cars and both opted for the new clio my daughter(19) a clio expression in inca yellow and my son(22) an expression plus in flame red. I put a 10 plate twingo in part exchange against the two as they had shared the car up to now. Got 4k for it so 2k each deposit. Ordered them August bank holiday. My daughter had a renault email saying delivery was week commencing 2nd December and my sons was week commencing the 13 jan 2014. That's a rediculous waiting time for any car in my eyes. The dealer sicnr says he's secured my sons car but still trying for my daughters. Says he's giving renault a hard time over it. Any way they will have them once they are ready.

I asked him about delivery for the Captur and he says they are more ready available than the clio. As they seem to be pushing them more.

So I probably will be joining you but when I'll let you know. Also this is a great forum, I can't find one on the clio to vent my concern on the kids cars so sorry to burden you all with it.

Cheers Tuckerz

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi...welcome to the followers!!
A fine bunch of forum members!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Tuckerz, Rather than start a new thread I have tagged on to yours.
I returned my previous car to the dealer as it was "unfit for purpose" in fact dangerous, they were very good about it and I had given them plenty of chances, from April till now, to make the car good to no avail. It would seem there is a major issue going on with the make.
Put that to one side I had seen the Capture and liked the look of it, a fun looking car and something different which I go for plus the spec suits me. Ordered only a week ago and I hope to be picking it up in a weeks time
. I was lucky that the car about to arrive in the country was what I would have ordered anyway. It did surprise me that it was built in Spain.
Hopefully when I return to these forums I will be able to report on it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! You're doing very well getting it so quick from existing stock... I have waited three and a half months and saw mine pre delivery at the dealers. .SUPER

You'll see it elsewhere on the forum as I will be putting up photos!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, Yes very lucky as it was imperative to replace the disastrous other car. Our Renault dealer have been great to lend us a car while we wait, not long.
I was wanting Arizona body with Ivory top, it comes with ivory wing mirrors and ivory alloy wheels. If I was wanting to add my choice of interior trim I too would have had to wait until January 2014. I am sure I will not be disappointed with the light grey upholstery and interior roof. We will see and I too will post a photo. Only just joined this site and so far find it interesting.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi GeoffC are you talking about the new clio, wasn't aware of any issues with it. Tho I didn't do my home work like I am on the Captur.

I've had numerous renaults. Mk2 scienics fiji, mk3 scienics, clio 3, and a twingo. All from the same dealer and no problems with any of them.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Tuckerz and Geoff.......unlike yourselves who seem seasoned Renault owners I have never had a Renault before.......so far I have been really impressed......The Captur is lovely!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, no I was talking about another make of car from another dealer.
I was fortunate they were so good in taking it back and refunding my money.
It was a shame because I liked this car and would have settled for a replacement but read of so many with the ongoing problem of stalling whilst driving along I did not want to risk another so got my money back and here I am with soon a new Capture, we will see I guess if I prefer it.
Sorry but I don't want to disclose the make of car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Oops sorry Geoff I hope the Captur more than makes up for the last car......Im sure it will!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome Truckerz, I almost ordered the new Clio but found it a little aft on its suspension and to small in the boot. Which is why the Capture is such a great car. One thing I could fault on the Clio was the Economy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No idea why its posted the picture that way around

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi just an update, I pick my car up on Monday after only two weeks from paying the deposit. I think I have been very lucky after reading about the long waits endured by some.
I have to say my dealer is great and I am sad to hear of all the woes some of you are having.
When my car was in they rang to tell me and added the car looked great.
I don't know why dealerships are not monitored by the car manufacturer after all the dealer can, as is is in some cases shown on here, give the manufacturer a bad name.
Name and shame I say. I will take a few photos and post on the gallery.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi GeoffC! Yes, you've been very lucky getting delivery so quickly. ..

A new model often takes a long time...and usually that is reflected by its popularity. I am right behind you in respect of dealerships. When you spend a lot of hard earned money, you want the item to be good, and you want to have a good overall experience.

That seems common sense to me... especially, if the experience is good, you go back for servicing or possibly trading in your car for another new one.

When you look at it however, the standard of service ranges from the superb to the abismal.

I'm pleased that you have had a positive experience, as I have had, with the dealership.

With technology moving on in the vehicles, you'd think that quality control of dealerships would be a priority that should be important to manufacturers!

I'm happy to give praise where it's due, and I'm not looking for faults or complaints!

End of rant...Enjoy that super car of yours when you pick it up!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy - so far I have been really pleased with my decision to venture into Renault, after a long relationship with Ford & then VW - have posted another pic on my Gallery post to reinforce your right decision - look forward to the photos in due course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts