Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now when I have finished with all pack activations and e-mail configuration in R-link I can relax and present my ivory-black Capture. Hope it will run as wonderful as it looks like.

·
Registered
317 Posts
WOW, lovely car and a lovely setting to take the pictures in as well. I know the feeling of being able to relax, as you feel so much better knowing everything is set up and ready to go. Enjoy your Captur bjs53

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,
Yes, now when I set up all applications and know how it works I enjoy my vnew car. Firts 600 miles was good opportunity to find out all added values comparing to my previous renault. I hope it will be as friendly as all renault cars I could drive so far.
And I am sure you all will also appreciate your choice.
best regards,
bjs

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Like you, I'm enjoying every moment with this car so far....No real problems apart from telling me rhe boot is ooen when it's not!

Will go past the dealer to see what is wrong...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My names Mike and I'm just about to buy an Ivory Captur Chrome with the black alloys :). We were thinking of the ivory with black roof but figure we can do that at a later date if we really want. I initiallydidnt like the ivory but when my wife and I saw it in the showroom we fell in love.

We've just been to the local Renault garage and we were given a sales pitch about the paint protection G3?, my basic question is when they showed us the ivory pre reg that we would be getting it looked a little dull and more yellow than normal and it put me off a bit now I dont know if it was the light or the car was dirty?. I asked the salesman if there were metalic or different versions and he basically said no they are all just ivory, he said that the one in the showroom had G3 on it hence its shine and that the g3 cost £250 extra.

Can anyone tell me if its my eyes or should I have the G3 or are there any cheaper alternatives?, I love the one on display here and all the ivory ones i've seen look shiny and show the side styling really well.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wasn't sure about the ivory/black combination when I ordered mine but bought it as it was an ex demo with a short delivery time. Now I have it I'm really pleased with the colour, very shiny with a real depth to it and much whiter than it appeared in the showroom. As a bonus, it doesn't seem to show the dirt much either, although it does look superb when it's nice and clean.

·
Registered
279 Posts
mav777 said:
Hi Everyone,

My names Mike and I'm just about to buy an Ivory Captur Chrome with the black alloys :). We were thinking of the ivory with black roof but figure we can do that at a later date if we really want. I initiallydidnt like the ivory but when my wife and I saw it in the showroom we fell in love.

We've just been to the local Renault garage and we were given a sales pitch about the paint protection G3?, my basic question is when they showed us the ivory pre reg that we would be getting it looked a little dull and more yellow than normal and it put me off a bit now I dont know if it was the light or the car was dirty?. I asked the salesman if there were metalic or different versions and he basically said no they are all just ivory, he said that the one in the showroom had G3 on it hence its shine and that the g3 cost £250 extra.

Can anyone tell me if its my eyes or should I have the G3 or are there any cheaper alternatives?, I love the one on display here and all the ivory ones i've seen look shiny and show the side styling really well.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Hello Mike

Welcome aboard.

Try the G3 Glasscoat site at www.g-3glasscoat.com

It's all sales talk of course, but it might help you decide. The local dealer down here is asking £199
for it, so at least try to talk them down to that figure!

I don't know if the ivory is a metallic paint job, but if it isn't then I would consider it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Turtle wax "Ice" just wipe on and wipe off. It seals in the shine and last for ages. It's not a polish that you need to work hard at but your car needs to be properly clean before application or you will seal in the muck.

http://www.turtlewax.com/products/ice-premium-car-care

·
Super Moderator
2,453 Posts
bjs53 said:
Love the matching alloy wheels hanging in your trees!
I'm just about to order a Ford Ka to go with the Captur so that wife and me each have a new car. Best offer (PCP at approx. £70 per month) is on a white one and I'm contemplating having the roof sprayed black when I can afford it as the Captur looks to great in that colour scheme

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love it bjs...might be a bit biased cos I have same colour combo except I went with the silver alloys which go well with the chrome pack. This colour combo is a real looker..am always getting comments about it..everyone loves it. Well chosen!!!
meterman_56

1 - 20 of 21 Posts