Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So we lost our only key for our Captur. We ordered a new key which took 3 weeks to arrive (mexico). The key came in and they said it needs to be programmed at a dealership to work. My question is, wouldn't the emergency key still work?
The car is 5 hrs away in another city at a friend's and there is no dealership nearby so does that mean I have to have the cared towed? I was hoping just to use the emergency key and drive it home at least....

Thanks for any help.

Rich

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi everyone. So we lost our only key for our Captur. We ordered a new key which took 3 weeks to arrive (mexico). The key came in and they said it needs to be programmed at a dealership to work. My question is, wouldn't the emergency key still work?
The car is 5 hrs away in another city at a friend's and there is no dealership nearby so does that mean I have to have the cared towed? I was hoping just to use the emergency key and drive it home at least....

Thanks for any help.

Rich
Hi if you know the pin number or can get if from the dealer you can have done with a and good garage with Rencom or similar software and they maybe able to find the pin number with the software

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi if you know the pin number or can get if from the dealer you can have done with a and good garage with Rencom or similar software and they maybe able to find the pin number with the software
Hey, do you mean the dealer should be able to give me the pin # and I should be able to just get the key programmed or do I need the car? Would be great if I could program the key then go and pick up the car.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
I suspect that the emergency key will only allow you to unlock the car and that it will not disable the immobiliser...... for most Capturs the emergecny key is located in the keycard anyway, so how did yours become separated?

If you can prove ownership of the car then a dealer should be able to program a new keycard so that you can go along top the car, unlock it and drive it away. For anything else, eg a locksmith, I suspect that they will need to code the new keycard to the car with the car present. May be worth finding out if you can arrange to meet a car mobile locksmith at the car when you arrive there with the new keycard, if you are unable to get a dealer to pre-program it for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts