Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All.Just joined the forum,just logged on to say hello.
I haven't bought a captur yet, just starter looking around.
will keep you posted on my search.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome scotsshuggie! Yet another sensible Scot! It's a great, reasonably priced car....Look around and you'll get a good deal!
My advice is avoid Arnold!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just like to say a good word about Arnold Clark. Bought mine from the Warrington dealership and got a really good deal from them..I was lucky cos they found the model and colour I wanted and it was ready to be shipped to England so I only had a couple of weeks to wait.. I also got a really good px deal on my Peugeot 308..so was really pleased. In all cant fault them.. would recommend them to anyone looking for a new Captur... Oh.. and I got a spare wheel thrown in as well as a set of premium car mats..well chuffed..
meterman_56 PS. I'm not affiliated in any way to Arnold Clark.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It must be the Scottish Dealerships then...because Arnold does not perform well up here at all!!
Aberdeen had a huge Renault following until Arnold got its hands on it!! They eventually took the dealership away from them and they have numerous other makes that they are dragging down..
Two cars bought..A Volvo C70 and Ford Kuga...both disasters...one had to go through trading standards to get partialy sorted!!
It's like all dealers though..you'll get good and bad!!

·
Super Moderator
2,626 Posts
scotsshuggie said:
I haven't bought a captur yet, just starter looking around.
will keep you posted on my search.
Welcome. You may find that dealers are unwilling to move on price. If so, there are a few places on the internet that offer discounts. If you've ever worked for the Civil Service, membership of the CSMA will also lead you to a surprising discount

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome scotshuggie from another Scot. Good luck on your research. Remember the 4 years interestfree offer expires end June.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello from another fellow scot!

Not got my car yet either, ordered it last week (from Arnold's in Pollockshaws - oops??) and got a delivery date of end of July.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Keeping everything crossed for you!! haha!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow..never realised it was that bad North of the border....
meterman_56

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I contacted Arnold clarks Renault dealership in Dundee, talked with one of their salesmen.I asked for a trade in price for my 2009 megane sport tourer tomtom.
Iwas told I'll get back to you in 15 minutes.
That was 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've just bought mine from arnold clark and all has been good but I will reserve judgement till I receive the car lol. I wouldn't touch Evans halshaw as I had phoned them to enquire about a deal on the captur. So I told the guy why I wa looking for and he said when can you come in? I said I was 30 miles away and it would have to be the weekend. He then said so your just making sure ur not getting ripped off at arnold clark? Y don't u just go there? Haha so that was what I did. How rude !

·
Registered
68 Posts
We used Evans Halshaw when we bought a Fiesta a few years ago.The problem we have now is cold calling trying to persuade us to trade in and upgrade .....they just won't take no for an answer. We bought our Captur from Arnold and apart from a slight lack of communication re the delivery date they've been OK.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good to hear some positive comments about Armold Clarks. I only ordered my car last Sunday, but I have to say the sales guy was great, I feel I got a good deal, pretty reasonable part exchange and he phoned me this morning just to say my car is showing in Renault's system although there's no change to delivery date yet. Early days but all good so far

1 - 15 of 15 Posts