Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Donner..what where your original wheels? Where they the 17inch silver alloys?? I have similar Captur with the silver alloys which I personally think suit the ivory & Diamond black combo perfectly.. but thats me & everyone has different tastes which can be let loose on the Captur with great affect That is why its become so popular because of the perceived personalisation.
meterman_56

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks lovely Donner..showroom sheen..even with the wheels you don't like??? Had some rain last night and mine was covererd in sand I presume was in rain..had it jetwashed and polished..the diamond glitter in the black roof looking good in the Easter Sunshine.. I just love my Captur..
meterman_56

·
Registered
863 Posts
stil like the black plus alloy look so easy to clean.had 17 spoke wheels on my focus spent more time trying to clean wheels than car nightmare.the wheels on my captur don't seem to collect the dust from the discs on the front that my focus did.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice trims Donner. Hope you can keep them clean though.
I have had many a nightmare with cleaning alloys in the past. My last car - a Renault Megan had areas that I could not access easily. In the end, I gave up and they looked a mess. My new black / silver alloys seem really easy to clean so far. Somebody came up to me the other day and commented on how good they looked.

PS - Why do ivory captur's always look like a gleaming white in photos ???

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think the new wheels would look better with low profile tyres. As they are, the long spokes seem to accent the thick tyre walls.
New wheels deserve new tyres.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
741 Posts
crossbow said:
I think the new wheels would look better with low profile tyres. As they are, the long spokes seem to accent the thick tyre walls.

New wheels deserve new tyres.

Lower profile tyres will certainly look better however the rim will then need to bea size or two up otherwise the overall combined wheel and tyre will look far too small for the car; it will look underwheeled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i know....but my tyre is new, i would like to have 18-19" rims buteconomy does not allow it this time :)

About washing them....well i think i have to spend some time to get them clean when i wash my car.

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
Old toothbrushes can be useful on some intricate car wheels (also, usingsquirt-on alloy wheel cleaner speeds things).

Personally I'd be very happy to go back to steel wheels. They are so much easier to keep clean; we just need some decent designers to come up with good wheel-trim designs that look like alloys

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Being diplomatic here....I like the original rims as they are easy to keep clean..
I wonder how the car would look on 18 or 19's? ....interesting thought....I seem to be one of those people on the forum who is not chasing to get every drop of fuel economy from the Captur ... I would worry about low profile tyres here in Poland on potholed roads though!!

Edited by: Ythsie

1 - 20 of 28 Posts