Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, I've had my Captur for about two weeks now and got to say I'm VERY impressed and I'm already seeing 45mpg without trying, even on an engine with sub 500 miles on it.

Very comfortable, excellent ride and that engine is a cracker.

Some feedback for Renault, the door mirrors could do with being a bit bigger and the total miles / trip miles should be a separate display not part of the computer. I like to display these plus range. These are tiny things though.

One question, shouldI have a "Service and Maintenance Guide"? There are lots of references to it but I don't have one and the dealer is playing dumb.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi MartynSalisbury. Welcome to the forums.

You should have an operators manual, which contains places for stamps by the dealer when the car is serviced. You can look online to the e-manuals on the Renault page. These manuals are interactive. You click on a component and use the drop-down menu to select the detail of the item. You should then be able to view the text. That text is a reproduction of the paper-based manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We took delivery of our Renault Captur last Tuesday and one of the first things I noticed was that there was no Service Manual. I rang the dealer and he pointed out that it is incorporated in the Owners Manual near the back. Unusual but I guess it saves on paper!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not really a service manual though is it? Where's the stuff on oil types, grades, tyre pressures etc...? Also, what's in or not in each service?

The interactive on line material covers none of this either.

Not a huge deal but smacks of penny-pinching.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You should have been given an owners manual. This paper version does have the things you talk about.

I received three documents with the car:

Capture Driver's Handbook - ref # 999109620RJT Contains 7 sections on Getting to know the vehicle, Driving, Your Comfort, Maintenance, Practical Advice, Technical Specifications and an alphabetic index. All contained in 220 pages. And pertinent info specific to my car like chassis no, radio code, and ignition key no as well.

Capture Quick Guide - ref# 999101760RSU; a 24 page pamphlet summarising the major equipment.

Media-Nav Quick Guide - 259105553RH5 ; 21 pagepamphlet on the MediaNav system.

These items came in a fabric wallet with a magnetic closure.

you will find tyre pressures on pages 2.18 - 2.22, 4.10, 5.11

engine oil spec on pages 6.3, 6.5

I hope you will find this information useful.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
924 Posts
"Don't like the Radio Code and Ignition Key number being in the handbook which is kept in the car"
- JohnChambers.

Couldn't agree more, but that is where Renault have always presented such information. I removed that page to be kept in a safe place. The page, upon whichthe sticker with the informationhad been placed, is a blank fly leaf at the rear of the Driver's Handbook. So removing it was easy and does not detract from the appearanceof the manual.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not correct, my last two Renaults, a Clio and a Modus had the numbers in the service book which was a separate publication and did not need to be in the car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Fair enough John, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The manual shows the oil VISCOSITY but not the spec (usually an ACEA code but there are other classifications). The trouble is that even if you put the right viscosity oil into your engine but it's the wrong spec you will risk engine damage, especially on diesels. The DPF and an old-fashioned mineral oil would not be a good mix.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
True Tyrfelin, but Martyn just wants to know and keep an eye on the level of the dipstick for example...It shouldn't need it, becauae the oil change will be undertaken by the dealer but all the details ARE in that handbook, although I am used to a detailed list of service items listed next to the dealer's service stamp....and that does not exist in this case.

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trouble is, my last two cars have been VAG heaps and they consumed oil like it was going out of fashion.

My TCe Captur has not consumed a drop in the first 3 months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts