Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Picked up my new (to me) 2015 Renault Captur on Friday. Mines the one with the standard head unit and I was wondering if I was to purchase a Navi Unit from the other Captur models would there be much involved in changing them? Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
um... I've not yet heard that the front bumper has to be removed to change the infotainment system.......

Also, depends on what you mean by "standard" system - which trim level, which country? There is a very basic single-DIN sized unit fitted to some of the lowest trim models but most have at least a touchscreen "MediaNav" system. Do you have a touchscreen? A photo would help !

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I must be going mad, I must have perceived the question as changing the head lights. I must read posts more carefully, I must read post more carefully, I must read posts.......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hello everyone. Picked up my new (to me) 2015 Renault Captur on Friday. Mines the one with the standard head unit and I was wondering if I was to purchase a Navi Unit from the other Captur models would there be much involved in changing them? Thanks everyone
Hi Its pretty easy to change look for units made to fit Captur, Dacia, Stepway, etc also search this forum many members have changed the unit, included myself

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Car went back to the dealership today because there was an engine light and “check injection system” and “check anti pollution system” came up but that’s they head unit in it now at the minute and I’d like to know if I can swap that out for the Navi unit and fit a reverse camera? Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
View attachment 823
Car went back to the dealership today because there was an engine light and “check injection system” and “check anti pollution system” came up but that’s they head unit in it now at the minute and I’d like to know if I can swap that out for the Navi unit and fit a reverse camera? Thanks
Hi Yes just look for Dacia, Stepway, Captur, android on ebay might have to do a little fettling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Yes just look for Dacia, Stepway, Captur, android on ebay might have to do a little fettling.
I had read that the Dacia radios fit but I didn’t know whether or not to trust it haha. If I find one and link it in here would anyone be able to confirm for me that it would fit? Just don’t wanna waste money and I’d really appreciate it 🙈

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Even though this one says 2016 - 2019 would it fit in mine? Mines the 2015 model but it has the same layout as the climate control in the picture? Or is it that the wiring is different? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts