Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ordered my car a couple of weeks ago. Should be here mid may :) I ordered ivory/black. I'd initially ordered the spec below but the dealer price matched me on getting the better spec which was great. They only had one ivory black which has the chrome pack. Would have preferred the gloss black but hey ho!

Been looking at the forum and came across R link?? Is this something I will have or is it something I should get?

Excited :)

·
Super Moderator
2,625 Posts
Welcome. R-link is about £450 extra. I'm not sure what extra you get over the standard MediaNav unit (which includes satnav)

·
Super Moderator
2,625 Posts
I suspect that R-link has to be factory-fitted. The brochure (which I've just pulled off the shelf next to me) says that it's a 7-inch internet connected touch-screenmulti-media tablet. It doesn't specify if it needs your own mobile phone to connect to the internet, or if there is some sort of ability and connection built into the unit - if so, I wonder how long the internet access lasts and how much it costs to renew it (and how you do the renewal)

·
Registered
924 Posts
R-link is factory fitted when the car is in production. It is not upgradeable, post production. So if you want it you have to order it when you place the order for the car.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a wee read into r link. Don't think it's something I'd be into anyway. Looks like the media nav will b enough for me!! Can't c why they can't just order a gloss black exterior pack and fit it at the dealership tho? Looks just like clippy on bits to me. Can't wait tho :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Lynnmack87 Welcome! The chrome pack is great...and to be honest, more practical to keep clean!! The black/chrome bits of the car are the most difficult to keep clean...
Get mudflaps for the front....it will save a mass of cleaning!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mud-flaps reduce the collection of grit on the lower door rubber seals, and along the lower edge of the externaldoor trim. R-link is what you need.
Plus lowered suspension, 19inch wheels, DAB, and a roof box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hope that's not the one I've ordered
Lynnemack87
Good choice!

In the past I've had a habit of buying cars, TVs, computers and other things specced up to the hilt and never used many of the functions or even understood some. Have a 3wireless dongle I use in the car for internet access. Even have internet radio playing through the car's speakers, can listen to TV too through this and Bluetooth!
Don't really see many advantages with the R-link for me and resisted the temptation! Others I'm sure will.

Edited by: RogerThat

·
Registered
203 Posts
Take it from me..medianav infotainment system is great..my son who drives a Porsche had a little drive of my captur yesterday..he was very impressed and loved the amount of music I had on a tiny usb!!! I said to him" surely your Porsche will have usb facility?" We had a root around and found it in the centre armrest. Plugged mine in and we played a few tracks..sound through his Bose sound system was awesome. and very loud..but..sound in the captur..because it's a bigger cabin sounded to my ears much more "Spacious" Medianav..way to go...
meterman_56

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcomes :) yeah really excited now. I had picked a at that was down south somewhere so was only going to take a week or so but another dealership were selling the diesel dynamique s for cheaper than they were doing their petrol version! So they price matched me and it's waiting to be delivered to the dealership.

I have a bmw 116d 59 plate. Seriously love it and think I will miss it but the captur fits my needs more and looks great :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the ivory and black media nav s 1.5dci with the black gloss pack and I love it. I had originally ordered with the chrome pack but changed my mind 24 hours after ordering and luckily the dealer was able to change it for me without causing a delay. It still looks good with chrome but there seems to be fewer with the black gloss on the roads.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two questions lol

My dealer arnold clark renault want a body shop check of my trade in (BMW 116D 59 plate) I can honestly say I've had no problems with it but still a bit nervous lol anyone else had this?

My friend is part exing her old scenic in the next few weeks and she has the spare wheel option on that. Anyone know if that would fit the captur?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Lynnemack87..Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new Captur..you'll love it. I also had a px at Arnold Clark..mine wasn't as exotic as yours..Peugeot 308 Sport. They had agreed a price for it over the phone and didn't really seem all that bothered to have it checked out they just had a quick look at it..so was surprised at your experience with them over your px. Am sure all will be well and you'll soon be driving around in your shiny new Captur.
meterman_56

·
Registered
921 Posts
that's brilliant news I bet you cant wait
mine is 5 weeks old today and I am loving ever moment of driving her

Lyn

·
Registered
215 Posts
Lynnemack87 Congrats on getting a captur , what arnold garage did you get it from, ours was out of the paisley showroom , they also checked our yaris that we traded in, i wouldnt worry though the check is more to make sure the car you are trading in is roadworhy and as you described it

1 - 20 of 89 Posts