921 Posts
great news

I totally agree it is very nippy

HAPPY motoring

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Have a quick question. Keyless entry locks car but doesn't open it. Have I done something. Salesperson did say if u lock it wirh card then u have to unlock it wirh card. So how do I get ut keyless all the time

·
Registered
921 Posts
you can unlock with your key cardOr press the small button on the door handle to open
You do need to have your key card with you always

Hope that helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The door is locked as I walk away but doesnt automatically unlock when I go to the car, have I done something to itEdited by: Jublee

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jublee said:
The door is locked as I walk away but doesnt automatically unlock when I go to the car, have I done something to it

You have to press the little grey button on the door handle !!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But it's locked!!!I thought it was suppose to unlock as u approach then u press the little grey button

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
If it unlocked as you approached the car, anyone could get in and quickly steal any personal effects on display.You have to press the button first, then pull the door handle

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jublee said:
But it's locked!!!I thought it was suppose to unlock as u approach then u press the little grey button

If it unlocked on its own anyone could get in

It can only be opened when your key card is in the correct zone and you press the little button

You can also open the boot before opening the car doors

·
Registered
863 Posts
as you get to the car press the black button on the door you will hear a click then you can open the door.if you walk away the car will lock itself you will hear a bleep type noise and the indicators will flash.as said if you lift the boot when you have approached the car all doors will open.if you have a problem opening up take the little key out of the cardholder go to the passenger side and unlock it with the key.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone.
It locked but when I went back to the car and used button on the handle it still would not open, the keyless entry had bn deactivated cause the button had bn pushed on the card, but the next time I got out the car it locked and when I then tried to get in and pushed button on the door handle the car unlocked. Sorry for being a nuisance. I thought that when u approached the car and were in the correct zone the lights would flash the car would unlock then u just opened the door. It takes a little getting used to

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jublee said:
Thanks everyone.
It locked but when I went back to the car and used button on the handle it still would not open, the keyless entry had bn deactivated cause the button had bn pushed on the card, but the next time I got out the car it locked and when I then tried to get in and pushed button on the door handle the car unlocked. Sorry for being a nuisance. I thought that when u approached the car and were in the correct zone the lights would flash the car would unlock then u just opened the door. It takes a little getting used to

That's the nice thing about the forum
Helpful hints and tips

Enjoy your lovely car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, as the miles go on the engines gets better and better, for a small engineits really a great bit of kit, just make sure the oil andanti freezelevelsare kept correct otherwise you will fry the Turbo/Engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go to your Renault Dealer they will advise, don't worry just keep an eye on your levels, mine has used no oil or anti freeze in 1000 miles, its just that these engines have a long service interval.

·
Registered
863 Posts
do the dealers get in touch when first service is due.or do you have to get in touch with them.????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I got my car car from Renault Manchester, but will have it serviced under the 4 year plan by Renault Blackpool, they have already made contact to introduce themselves and told me my first service is due in November 2014, also offered free oil and antifreeze, washertop ups when ever required, cant fault them so far, also purchased a style kit from them, arrived next day with discount. Arnold Clark.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts