Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Another newbie here waiting for their Captur. I'm wondering if anyone else is waiting for the same reason. I decided to buy the unregistered Captur in a local Renault showroom, which initally i thought great as i could have it straight away. The case is not as Renaults policy (so i'm told) is that I can't have the car until a new replacement is received by the garage for the showroom. I was wondering if anyone was in similar situation or had heard anything like this? One of the salesmen i spoke to said that he had never heard of anything like this before and if he was still in his last job at ford i would have had it straight away. I'm not too bothered as the replacement should be here soon as i was told its in Santander waiting in port to be shipped, told mid June at latest.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Never heard such a load of rubbish. With a 5-month wait for factory orders, how much business will the garage lose because they don't have a model in the showroom for a couple of weeks?

How many more ways can Renault think of, to annoy their customers and potential customers?

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought. If they were that bothered they should have just put one of the used or demo Captur's in the showroom. Well i will just wait for now as i'm just glad to be getting it but if it goes on for too long then i will be on to them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome!!!

Sounds odd to me - I was always under the impression that car dealers actually wanted to sell cars.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Definitely sounds odd. I got my Captur from SMC in Weybridge and by buying it left them without a Captur to show people !!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello, dont be shy to post your moans and groans as well as your plaudits.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I worked for Ford so obviously had lots of shiny new Fords...if the car I wanted happened to be in the dealers showroom I've had that one..no waiting around..my sons actually drove one out of the showroom!!! Dont know where Renaults idea about customer satisfaction comes from?? Does anyone???
meterman_56

·
Registered
863 Posts
what a load of tosh.is it a car showroom that actually sells cars or just shows them off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know. I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till end of the month. It could be just the dealership group rules.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've spoken to the dealer and I'm picking up the new Captur midday Monday, I can't wait. Is there anything I should be checking before I leave the showroom???

·
Registered
921 Posts
Check you Captur has screen wash and the jets are higher than the factory setting

Otherwise have fun and wish you lots of happy motoring

Lyn

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LynG said:
Check you Captur has screen wash and the jets are higher than the factory setting 

Otherwise have fun and  wish you lots of happy motoring 

Lyn
How will I know that the jets are higher than the factory setting? If they aren't isn't it a matter of putting a pin in them and moving them higher?

·
Registered
921 Posts
if your checking for screen wash whilst at the garage I just thought it might be an idea to get them to check the jets ...... just trying to be helpful

·
Registered
863 Posts
you wont be able to put a needle in your jets.facing the car open the bonnet there is an adjusting screw on the side of thejets.this is the way I adjusted mine.with trial and error.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts