Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I picked up two new Capturs about two weeks ago. So far I think my car is very nice, although I do have a few grumbles: both cars have the 29.9mpg problem, which the dealer seemed to never have heard of. Then reading on this forum I see that Renault UK are very much aware and have told the dealers. I took it in to my dealer on Friday (before finding this forum) for them to look at after explaining the problem, and after about an hour, I found out they had taken it for a test drive to confirm the problem was there and want me to take it back in and leave it for a day for them to plug it in and download to Renault technical. I am now thinking this is a waste of time.
The Bluetooth jumps on music.
The front windows in the brochure were shown as both being One touch, not just the drivers side.
Also if the Captur is based on Renault B platform of the Clio 3, which we both had last time, and they both had 55 litre tanks, why did renault think it was a good idea to put a 45 litre tank in instead?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I have mine for 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to have that mileage issue. Nor theBluetooth. Anyway, you must consider yourself luky because you gor a Captur brochure. Mine came with a Megane handbook
. A Captur with a Megane brochure. And the R-link was translated from german. And some of the instructions are something like " Press <abbrechen>> to quit."If I didn't knew a bit of English I was about to stare at R-link and cut my ears in it.About the tank capacity, I think is enough because this car was designed as a city crossover. They think that you will not get it out the city so you won't be needing a bigger tank. Yes, I would like a bigger one too but this size is also enough for me and my trips.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I suppose the smaller tank means less weight and an improved MPG. Mind you I bought the spare wheel so that probably kills any saving in weight. I just had a thought, maybe the smaller tank was so that people like me could have room for a spare wheel

I also have the 29.9 problem does anybody know if Renault have got a fix for it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
What I think is strange Renault are selling brand new cars with known faults( here you are sir/madam your brand new Captur Oh don't worry if things don't work properly what's that you say Oh no don't worry if the gearbox falls off it's only a known fault)

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's disappointing to see that Renault don't seem to have sorted our their reliability issues, particularly in the area of the electronics. Ours has been back in to have the errant alarm sorted, time alone will tell, and we have had a couple of instances where the windscreen wipers will only stop once the engine has been stopped AND the front door opened. Having seen the Captur in the 2014 Auto Express Driver Power survey at #9 it will be interesting to see how far it falls next year if this continues.

Mind you, a previous Jaguar XF I owned was also plagued with electronic niggles and those I experienced were far fewer than the earliest cars.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Strange that the 29.9mpg fault only appears to have happened on cars recently... The earlier models didn't seem to have this fault, maybe a dud batch of dash clocks? My early Captur seems quite reliable...Edited by: thecookster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts