Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is it true there is no CD player in the captur on the medinav model or have i picked this up incorrectly.
If so how come this does not seem to be an issue with most people on the site.
To be honest i would much rather shove a cd in rather than messing about with i pods ,bluetooth etc
When i first saw the medinav console i automatically assumed it would have a CD player.

·
Registered
824 Posts
You are correct the Medianav model does not have CD player........the Expression model does!

I just use USB stick for music!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Im with you mate im a bit of a tech nerd but even I prefer to just burn an mp3 cd from itunes with about 100 songs on it and just leave it in so it starts instantly when I start the car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
With a USB memory stick plugged into the top right of the medianav you can have songs available instantly too using the standard mp3-type burner. Just burn the memory stick instead of the mp3 cd. My Megane has a MP3 CD reader. I part exchanged it for the Captur. There is no problem using the USB slot. Just leave the memory stick in place and it sits there unobtrusive, you would not even know its there. that way you can have thousands of your songs available instantly; no swapping MP3 CDs.
I even found out that even if you remove the memory stick, as I did to show them how compact it was, and replaced it. The medianav player carried on where it left off. Can't do that with the MP3 CD.

Believe me, the usb memory stick is a significant improvement on MP3 CDs.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys
You got me converted now
cheers
Got the usb stick but just want the car to put on the end of it.
Still have the radio cassette in my current car, so cant wait to change
Roll on December!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope so BBT
Changing from a 11 yr old Honda Jazz which has never let us down, so a lot to live up to.
Would have gone for another Jazz but wanted something a little more exciting.
Judging by the comments we shouldnt be disappointed..
Nice to be part of the Sebastian Vettel team eh!!
Didnt see him take out his usb stick when he got out of the car on sunday though.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Get a small usb stick such a the Integral Fusion 4gb from Amazon for about 5 quid which firstly will hold loads of mp3s (which can be in folders) and secondly doesn't stick out from the Medianav unit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
And then get into the mp3 graphic tagging scene for displaying on your screen. All us in captur kids are on it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bless, the dealer gave me a 4gb USB stick for the music sure he must of felt guilty about something for I never asked for one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As if by some coincidence I've upgraded the stereo in my summer toy today to something a little more of the time and this also has no CD functionality

From this

to this. It's not fully installed yet as I'm waiting for some more cables and a reversing Camera to arrive

·
Registered
6 Posts
HiTyrfelin,newbie here

is there any limit to the folder structure do you know, i.e. can you have Artist\Album\Song.mp3 and this still work?

Also, does it pull album art from the files (or folder directory if its in there)

Thx

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
LIST option gives you album, track name and some details from the album. You can play albums individually as well as shuffle. Explore the options on the medianav!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for that, I actually meant on the USB stick could I have several folders, 1 for each artist and then inside those folders have other folders with Album names so many folders within 1 like it would be on the file system of the computer for example

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have found that the MediaNav system will not shuffle across your whole music stash, unless you do away with the album structure. But MediaNav will shuffle within an album, but not across albums. My personal taste is to shuffle across all my music, so I don't know what's coming next. To do that I keep my music on my iPod and connect it to my MediaNav. I am quite happy with that solution, although I wish my MediaNav would connect to my iPod using Bluetooth instead of the lightning lead.

I like to keep my albums in their original file structure, as the music app on my computer stores them when it imports them. I really would not want 5000+ music files unstructured.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 20 of 44 Posts