Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a captur 15 plate and when I got home realised that the sat nav wouldn't work can anyone please help ?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hi Sharon, welcome to the club. Hopefully your sat nav just needs re-setting at the dealer. Can't you take it back to the vendor or was it a private sale offered without any warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you x I bought it from a vendor I'm giving them a call today so hopefully I will get it sorted yes I have a warranty does this cover issues like this ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Shouldnt be any problem. I realised after posting the first reply that Capturs have a Manufacturers 4yr warranty. So private sale would have been still
Covered anyway, so i shouldnt have even mentioned it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi no sd card was with the car didn't realise it should have had first time Iv had a car with sat nav ˜•

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I think I'm right in saying only the R-link system uses SD cards.There's definitely no SD card for maps on our medianav unit.
So check if you have medianav or R-link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iv been in touch with Renault and they said it's a r link one vendor said the did not have one with car had a look on eBay and you can get these of there but not sure if these will work very expensive from Renault ˜•

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Never say never, but this isn't Renault's problem and it would only be an act of goodwill on their part to fix it for you.
Strange that the vendor says he never had the SD card, as that means he never had the maps working.
I've heard of unscrupulous vendors unplugging SD cards and flogging them on ebay to make a few quid before.
Edited by: bol d'or

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Who was the first owner, a rental company that may have removed the SD card ???

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Why would a rental company remove the card?Surely if you rent a car with satnav fitted, it should work?
I agree SD cards are open to theft, which is why I don't like SD card based systems.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
If it were a rental car, 2 possible issues:
1. SD card stolen by a renter (some people steal things even if they are worth next to nothing)
2. Whoever cleaned/cleared the car prior to it going to auction or wherever may have taken it, possibly in error thinking that a renter had left an SD card in the car with their music on etc

·
Registered
724 Posts
We're going well with the rental car theory, don't think the OP mentioned anything about a car rental company though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, with regards to R-Link. I've had my Captur Signature from new March 2017 & have updated the R-Link about 3 - 4 times now & first couple of times absolutely fine, the next time I had a message on my R- Link saying 'no maps found '. Whilst going through the steps of updating my SD card i first got a message on my Pc saying card was corrupted & was prompted to 'restore ' which I did. Eventually I got the update from R-link store & it downloaded & installed onto my SD card, i then put it back into the car & it did intall it onto the R-link system but when it finished I didn't have any maps. I then proceeded to take SD card back to Pc as I found out that one has to go to 'Maps & Services' via R-Link store (website ) to manage & synchronise the SD. Well when I clicked on 'R-Link store through my 'Toolbox ' I just got an 'error ' message it was 403 error. Well I had been back & forth before that with Renault Technical department to try help me & I had to go through complete step by step & send photos via email. I didn't get the result I wanted. I then went on to tell them about my error message & sent a photo in, no response.
So as if today 15th Sept 2020 i have been without Sat nav 1 month. Can someone please help?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts