Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have or had problems with the drivers side wiper blade dragging on the screen. Mine is so noisy in any setting in light and medium rain I have cleaned the screen with glass cleaner and with a vinegar solution and newspaper and also cleaned the blade to no avail the noise is driving me mad.I need to go back to the dealer but it would be good to know if this is a common problem before I do.
It might save me from the stock"They all do is sir" answer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds as if it cured the problem for you. Fingers crossed it will fix mine. In to the dealer on Thursday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 3 month old Captur has very noise wiper blades and after several phone calls and two visits to my dealer,Vospers of Plymouth I still have not any action. I even offered to buy a new set but was quoted £121 which is a little over the top I think, Watch this space for any news. Also the red amber and green lights do not come on in the Eco mode. I was told that they only work on the top of the range model. Can any one tell me if this is so as l can't get any answers from my dealer.

I

·
Registered
924 Posts
The driving style indicator (the red, amber, green) bar is only available with r-link. It is not available with the radio style or the MediaNav versions. It only works with the R-link system as it is only this system that has the connections into the car's telemetry services. There is no way to upgrade to R-link, as there is a different wiring loom that is fitted into the car during production.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks crossbow for the info on R link. Update on noisy wiper blades, 1 call to Renault customer services and a visit to the dealers today where new blades were fitted.Problem solved, no more schroopy wipers

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went in today and typical Evans Halshaw service; we need to book it in to diagnose it sir - told them it didn't need diagnosing; I knew what it was.... no joy, would have t book it in. Will phone Renault UK on Monday,get them to sort it....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Spoke to Renault UK today - they say that everything on here is hearsay - they are not recording any problems with wiper blades...

People - log it with Renault and get them to sort your wipers out...

Awaiting Evans Halshaw to "book my car in" for a diagnostic to diagnose... the wiper blades need replacing.....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
B******! That....really annoys me!! I have had no problems...but that doesn't mean there ARE No problems!!
Just people making things up!?...like small design faults?

·
Registered
174 Posts
UPDATE: Still waiting for Evans Halshaw to contact me - don't think it's going to happen now. I intend to write to the MD of Renault UK (anyone know the email) to try and get some action.

I certainly won't buy a new Renault again if this is the sort of service you get when you have warranty claims....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I travelled to Liverpool and bought from Renault retail Liverpool and they have been fantastic. Unfortunately the dealer is 150miles from where I live so stuck with EH for warranty stuff... They are pathetic; staffed by kids who only want commission, not rewarded for great service. Renault made a mistake going to the big companies and killing off independents IMHO. Pocklingtons Renault in Louth are an example of how independents can be great at service and really look after you, but I guess Renault are only interested in volume. If this Is how their dealers deal with simple warranty work though, I shan't be buying from them again!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well said...and well put!! Aftersalea and service are the most important way of satisfying clients and KEEPING them!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a warning to others who may have the wiper blade issue where the blades judder across the screen. Mine did this from the beginning and I reported it to my dealer who cleaned the screen and blades and said there wasn't much else they could do. I hoped they would improve over time and they did a bit, but it wasn't until I contacted Renault costumer services so I could register my 'non existent' car on their 'my renault' site, that I found out that wiper blades are only guaranteed for two months and mine were no longer under warranty. Fortunately the lady at renault that I spoke to asked me what I thought of the car and I told her it was lovely other than the rubbish wipers. She looked into the problem for me and said that although the wipers were a few days out of warranty she would arrange to replace them. That's now been done and they seem fine. So folks please don't leave any issues, because I was under the impression all parts had at least a years guarantee, but obviously the wipers don't and what else I wonder??? Incidentally renault said they have had no reports of problems with wiper blades!Edited by: Bluejay

·
Registered
33 Posts
I might be speaking too soon here but whilst washing my car yesterday I cleaned the windscreen and the wiper blades with autoglym fast glass and my squeaky wipers squeak no more! It has been raining pretty much all day and not a single judder or squeak!
Here's hoping it stays that way...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts