Renault Captur Forums banner

Noob

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  BIG_JC 
#1 ·
Hi GuysFirst post here although ive been following a while. Ordered the Dynamique s Oyster grey with black roof and black wheels on the 10th March, should be here end of April - early may
although im a bit sceptical after reading others ordeals.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Yanik. Excellent choice colour wise....same as ours!! We collected ours on Monday and love it. Hopefully you'll have no delays and all will go to plan. But however long, it's definitely worth the wait

#5 ·
I have picked up my Captur this evening and am well chuffed. It's the dynamique s tce90. I have filled up with petrol but the range tells me I only have approx 192 miles til next fill up. Is this the truth or is it just because it's new and finding it's level. Also is the parking sensor on when the switch has it's red light on or off. Sorry for dippy questions. Many thanks

#7 ·
craggess said:
I have picked up my Captur this evening and am well chuffed. It's the dynamique s tce90. I have filled up with petrol but the range tells me I only have approx 192 miles til next fill up. Is this the truth or is it just because it's new and finding it's level. Also is the parking sensor on when the switch has it's red light on or off. Sorry for dippy questions. Many thanks
Typically the computer judges the range on the most recent mpg which given the car is brand new will be very low since the car will have just been driven out of the factory to the transporter, on and off the ferry from Spain and then off the transporter at your dealer......so it will get better.

Our car showed 7mpg when we picked it up on Tuesday evening, 19 mpg when we got home with it and tonight after two days of 20 mile round trip commutes it's at 30mpg. Not really expecting to see any serious figures until a few days after we fill it up properly and reset the computer.

Which parking sensors are you talking about, front or rear? The rear doesn't have a light though the front sensor should have a separate light and switch.....then again see my separate post about the front parking sensor switch (I only just found ours tonight, it's not where the manual says it should be and it doesn't have a light (but it's definitely for the front sensors)

#8 ·
hi and welcome to the forum yanik , another oyster grey/black diamond convert
, ive got the silver wheels
what engine have you opted for ?

if you think the captur looks good ,,,,, wait till you drive your own
( sorry for teasing ) hope your'e sitting behind the wheel soon

#12 ·
Hi Capturites
Thank you for your replies, sorry for delay but I've been playing. The range is going up so I'm not worried about petrol consumption now! I was trying to make sure the parking sensors were on rather than turn them off. I didn't want to assume they were on and then reverse into a wall. My husband assumed his front sensors were on in his car but the garage had turned them off during a service and he just drove forwards into a wall and he's a real sensible driver normally (he has a jag and felt a bit if a berk driving into a wall in the lidl car park). I am very happy with my new car, a little bit in love actually!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.