Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note to self: STICK TO YOUR BELIEFS THAT YOU HELD FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND NEVER BUY EUROPEAN CARSNever again...let me get home and buy a Honda or Nissan or Mitsubishi

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is like a teaser. It boils you well so the message to with a plus of impact. :) Advertising techniques what can I say :)
Edited by: geodor

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Vbl said:
Note to self: STICK TO YOUR BELIEFS THAT YOU HELD FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND NEVER BUY EUROPEAN CARSNever again...let me get home and buy a Honda or Nissan or Mitsubishi
A Honda built in Swindon, or a Nissan built in Sunderland or a Mitsubishi built in the Netherlands, or a Suzuki built in Hungary?

Ah so......

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geodor said:
This is like a teaser. It boils you well so the message to with a plus of impact. :) Advertising what can I say :)
Pardon? What does that mean?
Not where it built but who by...
Bad news? No kidding!? Front axle problem (7347 miles??) Sat nav going dead; automatic wipers not responding; reversing camera not coming on; R-Link not linking to anything; speedometer unable to change over to km from miles and no other way to show what speed you are traveling at in Europe and sat nav not picking up road speed limits.
Back to UK on Friday with 1449 miles to do - what, pray, would I be advertising?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Vbl said:
geodor said:
Front axle problem (7347 miles??) Sat nav going dead; automatic wipers not responding;
Similar lists have two my friends - one with new Nissan, one with new Mitsubishi...
It's overall quality problem - if motor company makes an ideal car - which are not requires repairing - service centers will stays without money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Vbl, you're making me nervous! I've just got mine yesterday and I'm already starting to be scared!I hope you're just unlucky. Don't get me wrong,I'm NOTwishing you to be. I just hope that this was an isolate case. Ireallyhope that your problems will be fixed soon and never have another.
But I know what "unlucky" means. For three years on a row, my other car (a skoda) was like a magnet for all the other cars in the city. There was no month without my car being crashed by others (in traffic or parked). None of this crashes were my fault. Hope that this new Captur hascome with a change of luck.

(I'm not sure if myEnglishhelped me to say what Ireallywanted to say)

Edited by: geodor

·
Registered
72 Posts
Vbl said:
Seeing as how most of the oily bits are shared with the Juke, I wouldn't assume buying 'Japanese' is any better or worse...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frank Bullitt said:
Vbl said:
Seeing as how most of the oily bits are shared with the Juke, I wouldn't assume buying 'Japanese' is any better or worse...
Not sure about that, Frank. Over the years I had Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Nissan Primera, Honda CR-V and as I used to do high mileage (about 45000-50000 in two years) I changed car every two years, passing it on to hubby and by the time another two years went by, his car would even out mileage. I would then use his car as part exchange and so on. When I decided I did not need another large car anymore in 2011, I got myself Juke. It was great but the boot proved it's - and mine - undoing so got Captur last September.
Don't all get neurotic on me now, this may be what hubby calls "Friday afternoon car"

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Juke is built in Sunderland and is Renault parts, so strickly speaking its European, with a Japanese badge :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Vbl said:
Frank Bullitt said:
Vbl said:
Note to self: STICK TO YOUR BELIEFS THAT YOU HELD FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND NEVER BUY EUROPEAN CARS
Never again...let me get home and buy a Honda or Nissan or Mitsubishi
Not sure about that, Frank. Over the years I had Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Nissan Primera, Honda CR-V and as I used to do high mileage (about 45000-50000 in two years) I changed car every two years, passing it on to hubby and by the time another two years went by, his car would even out mileage. I would then use his car as part exchange and so on. When I decided I did not need another large car anymore in 2011, I got myself Juke. It was great but the boot proved it's - and mine - undoing so got Captur last September.

Don't all get neurotic on me now, this may be what hubby calls "Friday afternoon car"

What I'm getting at is suggesting you're better off buying Japanese than this 'unreliable' Renault ignores the fact (yes fact) that the Nissan Juke and Renault Captur share a huge amount of oily bits, so if the Captur is a reliability nightmare, ergo so is a Juke...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts