Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought from Renault Retail Group (Liverpool),and have number plates with blue gb and eu symbol...is it just the cars bought from Renault that have these number plates ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
It depends on the dealer; I've worked for dealers that have issued GB/Euro plates as standard and I've workd for others that don't.

·
Registered
104 Posts
got show plates fitted to mine....mis-spaced no post code no nowt just my initials & birthday....he! he! he!...plod don't like em.....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My son did the same when we were in Scotland, but got stopped once so he had the standard ones and swapped them over..He now has his show plates on his Audi S8 here in Poland so instead of M60 RSK he has
M 60RSK....I have C4PTUR on my Renault and he has just bought C0CKY for his Range Rover Sport...lol!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ythsie said:
My son did the same when we were in Scotland, but got stopped once so he had the standard ones and swapped them over..He now has his show plates on his Audi S8 here in Poland so instead of M60 RSK he has
M 60RSK....I have C4PTUR on my Renault and he has just bought C0CKY for his Range Rover Sport...lol!!!

c4ptur cool!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
CA14TUR is already taken in the UK.

It's law that the UK plates must show the postcode of the place that made them, so if you've got show plates on that don't have this info, you are breaking the law. Crazy IMHO, I'd much prefer plain plates with no extra lettering or other stuff in small text under the reg number

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dantoo I was lucky because the leter at the beginning of the registration must be the area you're registered in as living...if you see what I mean... 'C' was the letter...then choose any number between 1 and 0 and add up to five letters... C 4 P T U R ....Thought of CONCEPT originally...but my son went NO !!! C4...haha!!
Only problem is that it stays with THAT car amd can only remain on it if the person that buys it from me stays in the same area!!! You can't even transfer it to another new Captur if I bought another one later!
It is scrapped as a number plate..and cam't be used ever again..

·
Registered
104 Posts
IvorETower said:
CA14TUR is already taken in the UK.

It's law that the UK plates must show the postcode of the place that made them, so if you've got show plates on that don't have this info, you are breaking the law. Crazy IMHO, I'd much prefer plain plates with no extra lettering or other stuff in small text under the reg number

OMG!! IM SHOCKED...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts