Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our captur 2 weeks,and it developed an oil leak from the offside gearbox drive shaft seal, left a nice mess on our new drive, informed renault and its going to be two weeks before they can look at it, all because i need a courtsey car

·
Registered
409 Posts
Unlucky nearly 800 members and 1,000's of posts now on this forum. Don't remember seeing another oil leak problem.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Disgusting service and bad luck.
Name and shame your dealer.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry you have had this problem I know dealers are supposed to lend you a like for like car But surely there must be something they can do ??

·
Registered
125 Posts
They could give you a demo off the forecourt, mine did when my lights stopped working, I rang them at 9am one morning and drove the vehicle straight there to get them fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they will need it more than a day, Absolutely gutted this is my first brand new car, this has come at a bad time, as my mother is in hospital in a critical condition, and loosing transport is to say the least inconveniant at this moment in time.

·
Registered
921 Posts
really sorry to hear your newsI think you need to ask the dealer for a courtesy car as soon as possible

Hope your Mum gets well soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just spoke to renault, they have told me to ring recovery and tell them about the oil leak and get a replacement car from them, lets see how they do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Have you tried your insurance company? I know it's technically not an accident but it's a breakdown etc they might help you for being a loyal customer if you explain the situation???

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good news. Am glad for you.

hope your mum recovers soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bad day mum passed away in the early hours this morning i was at her side,
now i am in the mood for anything renault want to throw at me.........

·
Registered
921 Posts
scoop49 said:

Really Sorry to hear your sad news

Lyn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cars back today, diff seal replaced, no oil on the drive so far, fingers crossed, they turned it round in a day don't think they wanted to pay for the hire car, good to know if you have a problem have it recovered and you will automatically get a hire car for 3 days F.O.C
thanks for your thoughts and condolances.

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
LynG said:
scoop49 said:

Really Sorry to hear your sad news

Lyn
Me too, sincere condolences. That's so upsetting

·
Registered
27 Posts
deepest condolences i think i can speak for everyone and say our thoughts are with you

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry about your bad news, it puts cars and their problems into prospective. Condolences to you and your family

1 - 18 of 18 Posts