the 18 turbo was a great car which was very underestimated
always fancied the little 5 turbo but never got round to buying one

here is a pic of an 18 turbo identical to the one i had
for the ( youngsters ) in the forum that probably have never seen one

·
Registered
168 Posts
Between us we've had a 5, Clio MkI, Scenic RX4, Modus and the Captur

We,ve been using them as pool cars at work for years, so I've driven just about every model megane and larger produced since the mid 90's and a few of the smaller ones

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
My only "previous" Renault is the current 1998Scenic that is being replaced when the Captur arrives, although my first car (that my dad bought for me when I was 17) had a Renault engine

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive mostly had Volvo's and Fiats over the last twenty years but would certainly consider another Renault when the time comes. Most of my cars end in an O so I was allowed. Volvo s40 s60 Tipo Punto Bravo X 2 and now Ren O. I tested a Peug O but didnt like it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
had a few in my time,2 clios,1laguna, 2meganes,1 captur. wife has had 1megane , 3 clios. daughter has had 4 clios ,1 scenic. done my best to keep renault solvent over the years, but never really had a bad one!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Between us we have had a 5 (mk2), a Fuego (what a looker, way ahead of its time), a mk1 Megane and a mk2 Megane estate.

The 2004 estate was the biggest piece of s*** we ever owned. Lovely to sit in and drive but when after a catalogue of failures the exhaust fell off at a year old while the car was being driven that was the end of Renault. That was 9 years ago. The Captur will be our first Renault since.

Funny thing is my wife won't have a Ford because she thinks they're too common ie everybody has one, but loves her Renaults even though I try explaining that at the end of the day Renault is as common in France as Ford.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tyrfelin said:
I remember the Fuego around 1973? Stylish!
i,m sure the fuego was 1980 to 1995 was based on the renault 18
my old boss had the fuego turbo , stunning car and a flyer

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, it would have been about 1982 when I bought mine, a GTS. Funny thing was my father had never seen one and when he drove me down to the garage to collect it instantly fell in love with it himself and ordered one on the spot

Great looker but not a particularly sporty drive. Comfortable cruiser more than anything else.

Renault did have good stylists until they went down the Avantime and Vel Satis route. I had friends who owned the 25 which looked the part as did the first Laguna but then they cocked it up again with the squarer Laguna.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had three Clio's now.Two mk2's and my '08 model.

In order for preference i have to say my burgundy mk2 was lovely. Never had issues.
Second place the '08 until the injector went and i lost confidence in it.

Third and finally was the silver mk2 which i christened the roller skate.
It had a tree growing out of the dashboard. It also had a leaky sun roof which meant i had to drive with a blanket on my lap when it rained. It was so bad that one of my neighbours complained to the police that it had been abandoned even though it was on my drive and just dirty

Somehow I think the Captur will be a whole new world for me!

Edited by: LisaH

1 - 20 of 45 Posts