Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from my dealer to say that the Captur (90TCE Dynamique MediaNav + R-Link ordered June 24th) is on the transporter for delivery this afternoon.If only the DVLA were as good with the registration transfer (activated over two weeks ago), I'd be really chuffed! Still, the documents might be in today's post........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car unloaded at midday - but no documents in the post
Maybe tomorrow?
Still, it gives them time for PDI and setting up the R-Link.......

·
Registered
335 Posts
All my paperwork and plates were done before it arrived at the dealers. Hope you get driving it soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You were lucky! My dealership said renault couldn't register it on my plates I had to do it! They don't realise the stress it is causing me! Today I had to go to post office to send the retention certificate and my log book. (Which only arrived yesterday!) back off to DVLA.

It will then cost me another £5 to change my business parking permit for work (and an hour waiting time to get the local authority to do it) and another £15 for admin charge with my insurance company and of course the cost of getting someone to screw on the plates. This is round two as I had to do it all last week for the 63 plate!

To top it off this will all be ready to happen at the same time I am due to go into hospital for an operation so whether I get chance to change it all over is another thing. Therefore who knows how long my tax disc and reg plate will say something different to the log book for!

And if anyone reading this can keep up with what I just typed it will be a miracle, rant over! Lol!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bet you are you are peeved. I thought all dealerships would of done all the transfer,tax, they even got that 7 day insurance for me. It cost me a total go £80 for them to do it all for me all I had to supply was my v5, insurance and a photo copy of my tax disc.
So when I picked the car up the car plates were on, tax was on and full tank of petrol.
Hope everything goes well for you on both accounts. Gl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dr65 said:
I bet you are you are peeved. I thought all dealerships would of done all the transfer,tax, they even got that 7 day insurance for me. It cost me a total go £80 for them to do it all for me all I had to supply was my v5, insurance and a photo copy of my tax disc.
So when I picked the car up the car plates were on, tax was on and full tank of petrol.
Hope everything goes well for you on both accounts. Gl.
I would have paid the £80. You also got a full tank! When he was going though the car with me I said to him.... 'Errr, the needle is on 0!' He said that all cars only come with 5 litres of fuel now. I picked the car up from an area I didn't know at all! So with his directions in a brand new car I nervously made it to a garage. Looks like from what you said that this may not be a Renault policy!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Every time I buy a new car I put on my best smile and say " I take it that the car comes with a full tank and matts?" So not sure if it's policy or not.
Normally the matts are bog standard but the ones that I have now have captur wrote on them. Really surprised your dealership never mentioned that they have a sales administratior to do all this. Mine was good she kept me updated with everything, and was the one who would contact people asking why something wasn't happening. So the only thing I had to fret about was the pick up date. (Which was delayed a few times.)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Funnily enough that's what I ask for prior to saying that I will buy a car. With the last 3 cars I have purchased I have managed to get mats and a full tank thrown in.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My car came with 5 litres of fuel...and I have heard that this is standard practise...but depending on dealers, they do put more in.

Mats are a standard throw in...although it is up to your dealership which ones they'll throw in free...I obtained the ones with Captur lettering.

If your R link was activated properly then it will function properly...otherwise there is a fault in the system, and I'm afraid I would be expecting a replacement....no buts...!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got full tank of petrol, a weeks free insurance,Captur monogram carpets and my reg docs. The tax disc turned up later in the week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems like some dealers do the 5 litre thing and some don't. Next time I will use my powers of persuasion to get me a full tank! I have mats with Captur written on them. I think I have seen swisher ones on here though so I don't think they are the most expensive type.

Oh well what is important is the car and I love mine so it hasn't made me think it was all a bad idea. Taking it for a first wash today. I would do it myself but as I live in a flat hauling buckets of water up and down stairs is too much! Lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
re the full tank, i think its usual policy with any dealerships now to have the tanks as empty as possible (H&S laws with the chance of a fire on the forecourt). still well done on getting the tanks filled. mine came with £12.50 worth in which was added to my invoice lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
My dealers has a fuel point, perhaps not all dealers do so that could be the reason why they can give full tanks on site.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My car was bought from Renault Liverpool which is owned by Renault UK and had a full tank of fuel; the armrest also didn't delay it at the time people were getting delays as a result of ordering one....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mhhh on the subject of the armrest I am finding mine a bit on the low side could be doing with raising it a couple of inches. Mhhhh so that's where all the armrests ended up surprise surprise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts