Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First off this forum has been quite helpful in helping me making my choice for a company car... I'm opted for the renault captur :) I definitely want the Boston Blue with Ivory roof but I'm confused by some of the options and wondered if anybody with the car could help?

I've got the option of:
<ul>[*]Dynamique Medianav with £1500 to spend on extras (would go for R-link - to get the tomtom traffic live - heated seats, ivory roof).[*]Dynamique S Medianav with £750 to spend on extras (would for for R link again)[/list]I've used the comcar.com company car tax calculators and there is only an extra £10 a month in it between the two. But from the research I've done rear parking sensors don't seem to be available on the Dynamique MediaNav - not even as an upgrade which is weird. Is this right? Because that automatically makes me go for the S Medianav. But if you can upgrade to rear parking sensors on the MediaNav then having the £1500 of extras would suffice.

I definitely want Boston Blue with the Ivory roof, which is good because I can't have metallic paint as it's a company car. No idea why but hey ho.

So my question is about the interior packs at this point. The Miami Interior Touch Pack is only blue or green, and I'm not 100% on either of them especially as outside the car the colour is Boston Blue. It's a shame there isn't an Ivory option. Does anybody have the Boston Blue with the green or blue interior? Do you notice it being different from the outside, does it matter? Am I just being picky?

Ooh and my very last question - the space saving tyre. When I looked at the car in the showroom, I lifted up the bottom of the boot, to reveal another deeper section. I thought that was awesome as my PPE could go in there, and basically hide the mess. If I have the space saving tyre, will this take up that hidden extra space?

Thanks in advance everyone!
I'm in the UK by the way. Probably have a long wait to get my company car from what I've read :(

·
Registered
863 Posts
if you don't go for the spare wheel option.and decide later it will cost you a lot more.option price at purchase was 95£.getting car and thinking I would like the spare will be in region of 250£.because you have to buy everything separately.eg wheel tyre jack brace.i ended up getting a rim and tyre for mine.but no jack or brace.the AA can do the rest if I get another puncture.

·
Super Moderator
2,636 Posts
You can buy front or rear parking sensors separately for (IIRC) about £275 each set, or a "Protection pack" at £675 which I have ordered, and includes front&rear parking sensors, alarm and boot protector

EDIT: Not sure that you can have Boston Blue on the Dynamique S

EDIT2: If you leave the boot floor in its normal position, the spacesaver goes underneath the hidden storage area, in the same place as the sealant and air compressor on cars not fitted with the spare.
I have ordered a spare for mine based on previous experiences, and we now have yet another justification for doing so; on Friday night my wife hit something on the road that put a hole in the sidewall of one of the Scenic's tyres. Sealant would have been useless.
Bad news is that the RAC kept her waiting 3 1/2 hours despite being a lone female at night on an unlit deserted country road... 8:15pm puncture, van turned up at 11:45pm. Got home at 1:00am Saturdayhaving started work at 6:30am on Friday.
I'm currently waiting for an explanation and apology after numerous calls to complain at the wait (between 9:00am and 11:00pm she and I made about a dozen calls to find out what was going on)

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
921 Posts
santa_nethy said:
Hi guys,

First off this forum has been quite helpful in helping me making my choice for a company car... I'm opted for the renault captur :) I definitely want the Boston Blue with Ivory roof but I'm confused by some of the options and wondered if anybody with the car could help?

I've got the option of:
<ul>[*]Dynamique Medianav with £1500 to spend on extras (would go for R-link - to get the tomtom traffic live - heated seats, ivory roof).[*]Dynamique S Medianav with £750 to spend on extras (would for for R link again)[/list]I've used the comcar.com company car tax calculators and there is only an extra £10 a month in it between the two. But from the research I've done rear parking sensors don't seem to be available on the Dynamique MediaNav - not even as an upgrade which is weird. Is this right? Because that automatically makes me go for the S Medianav. But if you can upgrade to rear parking sensors on the MediaNav then having the £1500 of extras would suffice.

I definitely want Boston Blue with the Ivory roof, which is good because I can't have metallic paint as it's a company car. No idea why but hey ho.

So my question is about the interior packs at this point. The Miami Interior Touch Pack is only blue or green, and I'm not 100% on either of them especially as outside the car the colour is Boston Blue. It's a shame there isn't an Ivory option. Does anybody have the Boston Blue with the green or blue interior? Do you notice it being different from the outside, does it matter? Am I just being picky?

Ooh and my very last question - the space saving tyre. When I looked at the car in the showroom, I lifted up the bottom of the boot, to reveal another deeper section. I thought that was awesome as my PPE could go in there, and basically hide the mess. If I have the space saving tyre, will this take up that hidden extra space?

Thanks in advance everyone!
I'm in the UK by the way. Probably have a long wait to get my company car from what I've read :(

Good choice of car
The extra space in the boot will be perfect for your hard hat and boots etc

The blue trim looks cool

I've had many company cars and I've been told metric costs more to cover for the maintenance
That's why air of companies don't like it shame really

Good luck with your choices it's not easy

Lyn

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

IvorEtower that is awful about that wait your wife had. A strong letter of complaint is needed! Although to be honest I now do most of my complaints on twitter and things get sorted SO much quicker.

I won't be able to add on things after as its a company car, so I'll go for the S model I think.
I didn't quite understand about the spare wheel and the space saver though. Does spare wheel = no space saver/hidden part of the boot?

Getting this info tonight so I can send off the order tomorrow :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and the interior packs, still interested in that bit. Will probably go for the miami tahoe blue interior, even though outside will be boston blue! hmmm, still thinking about that one

·
Super Moderator
2,636 Posts
Even with a space-saver spare , you get a hidden boot storage area.
As to interior colour packs, it's down to personal preference... I'm happy to stick with the standard spec

·
Super Moderator
2,636 Posts
santa_nethy said:
is standard spec chrome?
I believe so, certainly on the exterior. I don't want any bright trim reflecting in the windscreen and front windows, so I'd be happy if things like the speaker surrounds and MediaNav unit trim were plain black

1 - 10 of 10 Posts