Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I bought my Captur in September 2000 and it has just gone back to Renault for the second time because the orange warning light keeps coming on saying "check injectors". Renault couldn't find any problems when I took it in the first time.
I also noticed the engine is still running when I am stationary even though I have it set to switch off and all my pre-set radio stations have disappeared, not sure if its all related?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it could be a faulty coil, I take it your car is a 2020 car so it should be a 1.3 petrol the radio problem could be a different problem, ask for a courtesy car , it's a warranty claim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, it could be a faulty coil, I take it your car is a 2020 car so it should be a 1.3 petrol the radio problem could be a different problem, ask for a courtesy car , it's a warranty claim
Hi dick riculos, thanks for your reply, its a 2018 captur, I did get a courtesy car, It will be interesting to see what they find when I collect it (if anything). I didnt know if the three issues were related or just coincidence.....

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Let the forum know if you can what the fault was, your car by the way should be a 1.2 petrol and not a 1.3, you should still have until September for a warranty claim, There's a very very slim chance it's a battery fault, this lockdown won't
be helping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Captur is a 1600 diesel, apparently they could find no fault but are going to put a new sensor in, unfortunately they are out of stock everywhere so are going to urgently order one and will let me know when they have one, watch this space......

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
Probably an exhaust gas sensor. As DickR said, it is possible a low battery could have caused this, especially if no fault has been logged. The problem with the "check injector" warning is that it often has nothing to do with injectors. It is an indication that there is something wrong in the combustion system that is causing a sensor to report a fault. Some sensors measure the composition of exhaust gases, others measure imbalance between cylinders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Marty, i got a Kadjar 1.6 diesel and apparently according to lookers the check injection spanner light is the DTC temperature sensor and for a lookers repair £744.00 think they having a laugh, Then again for that privilege it cost £100.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts