Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Well just ordered my new Renault Captur Dynamique S tce90. Colours I have chosen are diamond black with Arizona Roof, Black style alloys, Orange trim exterior and orangeinterior touch packs. Ive been told a delivery date of roughly end of march beginning of april.

Im a young driver in my early 20s, I need something more practical now and more economic. Im a current owner of a white megane coupe, great car but now at the end of my finance. The captur was my new choice!

Im just a bit worried about the power that's all, my 1.6 110 megane was quite nippy, but the captur is a bit lower in power so just wondering if any current owners out there with a captur can give me their feedback on the power of the captur

Cheers to all

James

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome James good to have you onboard!
Nice choice of colour but Im biased......apart from the orange trim same as mine!!
Have to while away the hours on the Forum and Captur spotting until collection day....nice choice!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
hi mole

great choice of car i am really pleased with my captur, i guess it will not be as nippy as your megan , from my own view i went for economy rather that speed and on that score the captur ticks all the boxes but yes it has not got the quickest acceleration from a standing start or when climbing up a steep road but overall its a great car i think, am sure you will love it and the design and colour combos look real classy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Unless you bounced your Megane off the limiter at each gear change then I suspect he Captur won't feel low on power; the figures to compare are torque rather than power, which is why a turbo helps - I suspect between 2-4000rpm you won't notice that much difference if any at all, the 0.9tce pulls very well indeed - it's only if you thrash it does it show a lack of power compared to a larger engine but unlike the Megane which sounds like a dishwasher at high revs, the 0.9tce is a thrummy little thing which character.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive got pretty much the exact same combo, tce90 black and orange but with the orange wheels. It doesn't feel underpowered at all and like Frank said its the higher torque that gives the feeling of more oomph, and the torque figures are on par with a normally aspirated 1.6, even a bit more in some cases. I just use ours to zip around the town and do the school run and its really nippy, the majority of the powers low down so it pulls well and feels like a much bigger engine. At higher revs the turbo does drop off a bit but that's expected with such a small cc. Love the car though haven't got a bad word to say really. Aside from reverse sometimes doesn't want to slot in straight away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone
Cheers all for the info on the engine performance. From what replies ive read and searching through the forum, I have gathered that overall its asmooth and nippyengine to drive. especially at pull aways( which can come in use at busy islands lol)

ive seen a few niggles about the media nav though, im not completely fussed, as long as does what a sat nav is meant to do then that's great.

I do like listening to music with good quality speakers, but will I be disappointed with the quality of the speakers in the captur, I know the dealer told me I could upgrade to the r-link but he said I should only have it if I really need it.

cheers
james

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have Medianav and to be honest I find the sound superb......didn't realise that R Link had differing speakers..........I think your dealer gave you good advice!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I cant comment on the media nav set up as I haven't tried it. Im a big music fan and the r link does add quite a lot to the mix, the digital amplification and 3D sound is impressive.Edited by: Cj86

1 - 10 of 10 Posts