Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching a while for a nearly new captur and deciding I didnt want to settle on a colourway I wasnt 100% with just because it was in stock (I want blue/ black roof & black alloys 1.5dci dyn medianav- which seem to b v v difficult to come by nearly new) so anyway, harrats rang me today to say theyv got exact one I want sitting waiting in stock in france brand new & I can have in two weeks!! So excited!!

So, are those timescales realistic? Or could it be longer? Anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
IvorETower said:
As far as I am concerned, 2 weeks is unrealistic; I'm having to wait 20 weeks
IvorETower, you may be confusing "in stock" through dealership contacts and production orders. Dealers move cars around all the time, if they feel it is worth their while. So there maybe no problem in a two week timeframe, even if it needs a pre-delivery inspection.

Orders on cars that have to go through the production process, or even taken out of stock-pileat theRenault factory means you have to join the waiting list.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed for both you and the Soph_i.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
I'm not confused, I'm just thoroughly fed up with my 20 week wait. If I'd been ordering a Porsche (oh that I could afford one) I'd settle for having to wait 20 weeks. But after being mucked about when I bought my Scenic, then having to endure a ridiculously long wait for the Captur, I'm not sure that I could cope with the thought of ordering another new Renault. It's bad enough now that you don't even get to choose your new registration plate but have to accept what you're given - takes half the excitement out of buying a new car (but that's not Renault's fault).
Yes, if the car has been built and is unallocated then 2 weeks should be plenty of time to get it to a UK dealer and have it registered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
as long as Southampton docks get their fingers out that is realistic, although mine was already in Southampton when we decided to buy, but took 11 days from signing the finance documents to arriving at our dealer (in Stockport so logistically similar in distance to Leedsfrom Southampton).
Im sure you'll have it very soon!!!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hiya Ivor,
where did you order your Captur we went to lifestyle and we picked our number plate so we know the Reg all we need now is the car Oh well suppose you cant have everything

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hope I'm wrong but two weeks seems unrealistic to me (knowing how efficient Renault are ).
Mine sat in Southampton for 4 weeks going nowhere.
Fingers crossed for you though.

Edited by: awq

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
salmon44 said:
Hiya Ivor,
where did you order your Captur we went to lifestyle and we picked our number plate so we know the Reg all we need now is the car Oh well suppose you cant have everything
As the dealers weren't talking discounts, I turned to the car supplying arm of an association that I'd almost forgotten I belong to, and secured a double-digit discount. I don't know from where they source the car other than it will be from a UK main dealer. However when I was enquiring about a new car a few years ago, I was told that garages now register new cars online, so they don't have a block of registration numbers like in the "good old days", from which you could choose. So far I have been fortunate enough to buy 3 new cars and I selected numbers that ended in "5" on all 3 occasions (995, 925, 305).. I just missed out on 999 the first time but the supplying garage collared that one for their demonstrator. I traded in a car with the number 225 for 995, so double-something then 5, then I've tried to stick with 5's.... maybe next year I'll be lucky enough to get a 15-plate for my own Captur whilst wife has the "14".
The way I'm buying my car, I was told I would have to accept the plate that it is given, and if I had a private plate they would not be able to arrange a transfer (so fortunately I don't have such a plate!)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As can clearly be seen.....it's in the lap of the Gods!!!
Hit or miss?
Lucky or unlucky?
Being honest who knows?.....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!....but maybe the French are playing a trick on you!!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts