Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope you all enjoying the weekend. Well tomorrow I'm going to my local dealers and ordering my Captur. Not into all the techy stuff so staying basic with the Expression plus desiel in Boston blue with the protection pack. Spoke with them today and he has to see my Qashqai to give me a px value but will be around 5.5/6k and renault offering an extra 1k to people putting in non renault cars as px. So hope for a good price.

Update with the kids clios is there's no change, apparently he will know something by Friday as there is a big meeting with renault on the delays in productions.

So I could be picking up 3 cars in December. Neighbors will think I've won the lottery, I wish. Lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hope you get a good deal mate with purchasing three Renaults. That reminds me I must check my lottery ticket from last night, thanks for the prompt!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Turkerz, make sure you haggle hard tomorrow as I too was told we'd get a great deal in part exing a non Renault against the Captur but after refusing 3700 for our 10 year old rav 4 and a bit of negotiating it was upped to 5000, hope this helps in getting a great deal, good luck

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well done Frosty! That's great advice....

Tuckerz, they are getting great business from your family...make sure you get what you want...I'm getting flack for asking about the colour you chose, but ask them if they have it on any car in their dealership....If, like me, you're short of cash, haggle to get what you want.....I did! I went round 6 dealerships to see the cars in different colours first, because this was my first NEW car and I wanted to be happy with it and wouldn't be changing it for a long time, if at all!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's ordered. And believe it or not should take 10 days to get delivered to the dealers and another day or two to put the parking censors on. Only delay will be the DVLA sorting out the private plate switch. You'd think living in swansea that be easy but no lol.
Think I got a great deal and even got the diamond brite thrown in not only for my car but the two clios for the kids when they eventually come.

One excited Welshman now countdown begins.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Such a quick delivery date your a very lucky guy. And I thought I got a good deal getting the g3 protection for £175

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Excellent Tuckerz!! Done yourself proud! A quick delivery time and diamondbrite at around 200 per car..EXCELLENT!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The quick delivery is over shadowed by the kids clios not materializing yet and renault customer service useless. Dealer is stuck in the middle. But doing everything possible to right it.
There was stock of the Captur expression plus in the export center. Even had the leather steering wheel and gear knob chucked in as they were on the one in stock. So great deal for me but the kids misery goes on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With these few extra I'm doing ok and I haven't even got angry about it yet lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Told today that the dealer is having 3 transporters delivering to them next Friday 18th. All stock is to fulfil outstanding orders. My Captur will be on it I hope. Also there's a chance but not 100% sure that the clios may arrive as well. Be great if they are and I've can pick all 3 cars together. He can't tell me what will be on the lorries as of yet. Only that they are all sold. Does anyone know how many a transporter holds ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
It depends upon their size but on average 7 but larger one can hold a couple more. You see them on the motorway and they certainly pack them on, there are within inches of each other! Fingers crossed your Captur and the two Clio's are on them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tuckerz are you sure it's not transporter loads of armrests so they can deliver the Capturs that are waiting on them?

Seriously though, good news...sounds as if it won't be long now!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update from dealer. First lorry of the week none of mine on it. At least he emailed me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
good luck with it mate. and on a completely different note did you go for the option of the GAP insurance on any of the 3 new cars? only asking as Dan posted a link on here to get it direct and its a **** of a saving on what the dealerships are charging.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was offered Gap on all three purchases but declined. I've never taken it out to be honest.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I say my 3 purchases. My son and daughter buying the clios, bank of dad is free at last lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts